1. She's a soap opera queen Kelly Monaco is probably best known for playing the General Hospital character Sam McCall, a role she originated in 2003. That's almost 10 years of Sam! Before GH she was on the ABC soap Port Charles. She earned Daytime Emmy Award nominations on both shows. Kelly also has a history with DWTS host Tom Bergeron — they co-hosted the 33rd annual Daytime Emmy Awards back in 2006.
2. She's a total babe Like her fellow DWTS All-Star, Pamela Anderson, Kelly had a role on Baywatch — Kelly's was her first TV role, from 1997-1998. Kelly has also appeared in Playboy. She was the Playmate of the Month for April 1997 and appeared in a few other Playboy editions. Kelly's hot cover was also listed as one of Maxim's 12 Sexiest Covers of the Decade.
3. She lost the DWTS dance-off After Kelly and Alec won DWTS Season 1, they returned for a September 2005 Dance-Off competition against runners-up John O'Hurley and Charlotte Jorgenson. The dance-off was for charity, with each call-in vote representing a donation. When all was said and done, John won, earning $120,000 for his charity, Golfers Against Cancer, and Kelly was very close behind, earning $100,000 for Hurricane Katrina relief. But even though the dance-off gave John a feeling of redemption, it wasn’t “official” and didn’t mean Kelly had to give her up Mirror Ball trophy.
4. She dated her high school sweetheart for 18 years Kelly and her Pocono Mountain High School boyfriend, Mike Gonzalez started dating when she was 15 and stayed together until 2009. In July 2010, Kelly told Starpulse, "I was with him for 18 years. It was devastating. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about it... I feel like you can fall out of love and still be in love with somebody. I feel like I had to give a child up for adoption after having it for 18 years."
5. She reportedly has a boyfriend ... and it's not Val Kelly and Val have been working the are-they-or-aren't-they angle throughout All-Stars. Their chemistry works on stage and off and a lot of viewers have just assumed they are dating while dancing. Kelly joked that, since they spend every waking minute together while doing the show, they feel like they are married. But they are not making whoopie. (Just like most married couples!) She said having sex would be unprofessional. And a source told Wetpaint Entertainment that Kelly does have a boyfriend, but the two are very low-key.
Dancing With the Stars airs Mondays and Tuesdays onABC.