OMG Moments From Gossip Girl Season 6, Episode 7, “Save the Last Chance”
Every episode of Gossip Girl gives us a different kind of heart palpitation. Sometimes, it’s the quickening of the beat when we see our favorite couples reunite. Other times, something so shocking and terrifying happens (keep your pants on, oldies), we have to outwardly exclaim, “OH MY GOD,” (with optional swearing included). Here are some of the moments from Season 6, Episode 7, “Save the Last Chance” that had us up in Armani.
5. Ivy and William make out. We are horrified. We knew it was coming. We had more than fair warning. But still, nothing could prepare us for seeing Ivy (Kaylee DeFer)’s family reunion with William van der Woodsen. But the part we were less prepared for? We were more grossed out that he was kissing her than vice versa. There’s just something about a Baldwin...
4. Sage believes the GG blast of S and Steven kissing. No way, guys. She may be so annoying and chain purse-wearing that we can hardly see straight, but Sage (Sofia Black-D’Elia) is nothing if not savvy. So Gossip Girl posted a pic of Serena (Blake Lively) all tongue-tied with Sage’s gross dad. But Sage would totally be able to do a “5 things that are wrong with this picture” all Sunday-paper-style and bust her lunge-lovin’ ass.
3. Ivy takes “DILF” to the next level by making Bart strip. We’re not saying he’s not kind of hot and silver foxy, in an “I used to be dead” sort of way. But watching Bart Bass take his shirt off and revealing that he’s a wifebeater-wearer was just too much for our fragile hearts. And because it was Ivy at the helm, we weren’t sure that this wasn’t going to end in a third UES dad under her belt.
2. Dan tells Georgina he’s using Serena, in so many words. We had heard tell that Dan (Penn Badgley) might not have the best intentions when it came to his Serena (Blake Lively)-wooing efforts. But seeing their tenderness and watching S kiss someone not so dowdy (congratulations, Dan, you’re more dapper than someone) was a relief. Until our world came crashing down, that is.
1. Chuck tells Blair they can’t be together. We kind of couldn’t breathe when we saw the about-face Chuck (Ed Westwick) made after he realized he had been defeated by his conniving father once again. And the desperation in Blair (Leighton Meester)’s voice broke our hearts. But before you start burning your Chair body pillows in sadness, watch the promo for Season 6, Episode 8, "It's Really Complicated." All signs point to a cozy Thanksgiving for our favorite OTPs, though we all know nothing is as it seems on the Upper East Side.
Bonus: Every scheme lasted 3 minutes. OMG? Maybe not, but certainly noteworthy. There are only three episodes left and the writers must have realized they didn’t have the time to stretch things out. But watching Chuck and Bart put together a couple of quick and lousy schemes, after Ivy’s five-minute long stand-off was just embarrassing for all of us.