10 Burning Questions From Once Upon a Time Season 2, Episode 9
We love all ofOnce Upon a Time’s many, many mysteries, but sometimes it seems like each episode introduces more questions than it answers. To that end, we’ve tackled the ten biggest questions from this week’s episode in order to make sense of everything that happened. Here are ten questions from Season 2, Episode 9: “Queen of Hearts”
2. Will Hook and Emma finally get it on or what? Hook and Emma (Jennifer Morrison) could hardly have been much flirtier this week, between the sexy sword fight, and then Hook ending up on top of her. So at this point, with Hook heading to Storybrooke, the two of them “hooking” up seems inevitable, right? Or maybe that’s just our own wishful thinking.
3. What will Aurora and Mulan’s roles be? It took us awhile to decide whether having Aurora (Sarah Bolger) and Mulan (Jamie Chung) on the show was really serving any purpose. But now we’ve grown to love them, as Mulan is a great warrior, while Aurora’s dreams played a key role in getting Emma and Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin) home. But will we no longer be seeing much of Aurora and Mulan? We hope that isn’t the case, since we kinda love watching Mulan pick fights with anyone and everyone. Which brings us to...
4. Will Mulan and Aurora revive Phillip? We were devastated when Prince Philip (Julian Morris) was seemingly taken out of commission in his very first episode (not cool!), but we’ve gotten hints from the show’s writers that he’ll be back. And now that there’s word that people can be revived even after a wraith takes their soul, we find it a near certainty that we’ll see Philip again. And we definitely won’t be complaining about that.
5. Will Cora and Hook forget their identities upon arriving at Storybrooke? Cora and Hook are just about at Storybrooke at the end of this week’s episode. But since we know that crossing the Storybrooke border to leave will lose their memory, it stands to reason that something similar could happen when entering Storybrooke, too. Then again, that might be a bummer, since we’re pretty excited for a big Hook-Gold showdown! Who ya got?
6. Will they get more ink to trap Cora from Ariel? We’re not exactly sure if the ink would work in Storybrooke, but it would definitely be reassuring to have a way of thwarting Cora if things get dicey in Storybrooke. And it had definitely sounded last week as though the show was setting up the introduction of Ariel and Ursula — with mention of a mermaid needing to get more ink from a squid — so we’re still hoping that this happens!
7. Will we not see Hook in Neverland anytime soon? Hook uses up the last petrified magic bean to take himself and Cora to Storybrooke, which is kind of a bummer for multiple reasons. At the top of the list is that we were hoping to see him tussle with Peter Pan in Neverland, and that doesn’t look to be happening in the near future, unless as a flashback. Some canned food company needs to start synthesizing some magic beans stat.
8. How soon will the portals be able to be used again? Now that those diamonds are gone, it looks like the dwarves are gonna have to start digging again — and we know how much they love doing that. But if they do find more diamonds, we could see portals getting used on a more regular basis, now that the characters had success with portals this week. And speaking of the dwarves, when will poor Sneezy ever get his identity back? Free Sneezy!
9. Could the sword that Mulan gives to Emma be Excalibur? Emma proves to be quite the swashbuckler this week during her thrilling sword fight with Hook. So we’re wondering whether that might be a certain famous sword that Mulan gives her — and whether we’ll be seeing King Arthur and Merlin at some point down the road.
10. Why didn’t anyone invite Regina to Granny’s to help celebrate? Henry makes this whole case for Regina needing to change — but change is a two-way street, buddy! We see Henry going out to party with his Emma and the gang, but no one thinks to include Regina, who was the one who saves the day. You can’t at least buy Regina a slice of pie at Granny’s? (It doesn’t even need to be a la mode!)