There’s been a lot of speculation about the big reveal of the titular character on Gossip Girl. Who’s been calling the shots for all these years — collecting tidbits about the Upper East Side’s biggest players and exposing them at inopportune times? We have a few ideas, and we want to know what you think.
1. Blair (Leighton Meester) If there is anyone who could pull off an innocent look of betrayal whenever she’s mentioned on the site, it’s Blair. And while we can’t imagine her being delighted about the exposure, she’d enjoy being the first to know about everybody else’s secrets. With great power comes great responsibility — she’s always seemed to have an unspoken burden.
2. Dan (Penn Badgley) Dan is a writer by trade and an outsider by birth. He’s been written about plenty, but each post has bolstered his reputation to some degree or pushed him into the light. He has motive and opportunity and plenty of time to take down the people who have made his life miserable. Besides, even if his books wreak the havoc he wants, there’s nothing like instant gratification.
3. Nate (Chace Crawford) Nate is the one person who has never sent in a Gossip Girl tip. Even though he runs The Spectator, he rarely writes and he has had no editorial training whatsoever. Yet somehow, he has insane knowledge of the news cycle. Although he appears to be a stand-up guy in many respects, he is always lurking in the background of his friends’ ploys and has first-hand knowledge of EVERYTHING.
4. Georgina (Michelle Trachtenberg) If there’s one thing we can say for Georgina, it’s that she is one shady beeyotch. Well, that and the fact that she always sees her ploys through. Plus, she was a little too good at pretending to be Gossip Girl and she gave it up without protest, which does not sound like her at all.
5. Dorota (Zuzanna Szadkowski) We would be so delighted if it was really Dorota. The secret Countess hasn’t been using all of her brilliance folding Blair’s sweaters, so we have to imagine she’s doing something else with her time and smarts. And you’ve got to hand it to her — no one suspects the help. 6. Jenny (Taylor Momsen) She’s been gone for some time, but she made quite an impression while she was around. If anyone has an ax to grind, it’s the one who was jerked around by the powers that be, and then driven to leave the state because of them. We know she'll be back for the finale — is this why?
7. Juliet (Katie Cassidy) This girl is craaaaay. Remember her revenge wall when she was trying to take down Serena? She has the power to organize and not let the fact that she’s completely insane get to her. Plus, she’s a great liar and she's coming back for the finale.
What do you think? Is one of them Gossip Girl, or is it someone we left off this list?