5. The spa trip that is anything but relaxing. All of the ladies’ activities in Ojai were on the wackier side — between the golf cart race of death, the badminton game in which no one actually hit the birdie, and Yolanda’s “lamb cells” comment at dinner — but the spa trip takes the cake. That’s what happens when you stick these ladies in a room with a small amount of clothing but a large amount of water pitchers. Duck!
4. Why are limo rides never fun on this show? You’d think Kyle Richardsenjoyed the awkward dinner in Ojai, judging from the fact that she voluntarily rehashes things with Brandi during the otherwise enjoyable limo ride. Before you know it, Brandi and Adrienne Maloof are back at it, bickering about how many times Adrienne pointed out Kim Richards’s tears. Is that what we’ve come to — arguments about counting?
3. It’s the drunken Olympics! Go for the goldschlager! That drunk gymnastics performance that the women put on probably needed a “Don’t try this at home” disclaimer, since we’re just relieved that no one ended up in a cast like the one Brandi had last season. Still, everyone seemed to have a blast, and we were actually impressed that Lisa totally can do a handstand. The US women’s team should keep her phone number handy.
2. Everyone’s an author. Brandi probably should have known that Taylor wasn’t going to buy her a bottle of champagne to celebrate her book deal, given the comments that Brandi made about Taylor’s own publishing efforts. Still, Brandi couldn’t have anticipated the fact that basically no one would show excitement about her announcement, with even Adrienne trying to steal Brandi’s book-deal thunder. At least Brandi’s “gay-gent” (her word!) is in her corner.
1. Brandi apologizes. More or less. Brandi’s comment to Adrienne at dinner was the f-bomb that kept exploding. First, Brandi goes running into the bathroom with Kim, who is in tears, and then Lisa and Kyle go at it after Lisa gets Brandi’s back. Finally, Brandi sorta apologizes to Adrienne — at least for the f-word. The ladies certainly deserve credit for somehow finding a way to move on with their evening, even if it was thanks to a faked apology.