As we mentioned, now that Kurt is going to NYADA, he’s about to get an education in co-ed extra curriculars. First up? A new love interest, played by Oliver Kieran-Jones. Oliver will be playing the NYADA glee club captain when Kurt enrolls next quarter and will likely be making his debut on Episode 11. So, who is this guy who may be calling Kurt baby?
1. He’s British Even though he’s a relative unknown in the US, Oliver has been making a name for himself in the London theater scene for years now. Will he have a British accent on the show? That would be super hot.
2. He attended a real life NYADA! NYADA might not be a real school, but LAMDA is, and that’s where Oliver got his super-strong acting background. The London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts is super prestigious. No word on if they have their own Carmen Tibideaux...
3. He’s a total Shakespeare buff One of the perks of being British and a theater king, is that there’s plenty of opportunity for him to speak in the Bard’s tongue. Oliver has starred in plays such as Richard II and Julius Caesar with some pretty big deal actors.
4. He co-starred with Kevin Spacey and Ralph Fiennes! Speaking of Shakespeare, Oliver has the chops to stand up to Oscar winner Kevin Spacey, with whom he starred in Richard II, and Tony winner Ralph Fiennes in Julius Caesar.
5. He’s funny. Okay, we don’t know that per se, but he has starred in some funny episode of, um, Episodes. The Matt LeBlanc-led show featured Oliver as assistant-turned-filmmaker Andrew Lesley on four episodes of the Showtime/BBC series.
Okay, so he’s no Blaine. But will you give him a chance?