5 Reasons Nicholas David Should Have Won The Voice Season 3
The VoiceSeason 3 crowned its winner tonight, and although we are excited for Cassadee Pope, we not-so-secretly hoped that soulful father Nicholas David would take hope the prize.
The Team Cee Lo contestant has an old-school vibe, and he not only took the competition by storm, but also surprised us with his versatility. Here are our Top 5 reasons why he should have won The Voice:
5) He’s a survivor. When we first met Nicholas in the blind auditions, the singer revealed his past struggles with alcohol addiction and weight. He dropped the extra pounds and laid off the booze for the sake of his music career and his family. Nick is a survivor who works hard for what he has. The same can be applied to his work on the show and his post-Voice career.
4) His family motivates him. Nick's loving family has supported him through the best and worst of times. With his wife and three (well, almost — one on the way!) standing behind him at every turn, he can do no wrong, and we know they'll support him as his career continues to blossom.
3) He’s got an old-school soul. While others in the competition are young and driven to start their careers, Nicholas has already established his. He’s driven, yet also laid back with an effortless vibe we really admire. This will definitely take him far.
2) He’s with the right coach. We firmly believe that Cee Lo Green is the only coach for Nicholas. These two share an eclectic bond that wouldn’t work with anyone else, and the Lady Killer will definitely help Nicholas with his next album!
1) His sound has never been heard before on The Voice. The coaches love talking about their contestants’ unique sounds, but when it comes to Nicholas, we’ve really never heard anything like him on that stage. His sound appeals to a large section of the population often alienated by pop stars and R&B artists. He produces, what Adam Levine likes to call, “baby making” music, and we bet that will be a big hit moving forward.
Do you think Nicholas should have won The Voice? Weigh in below!