The more we think about the Gossip Girl series finale, the better we feel about it. Sure, we still wish that "New York, I Love You XOXO" was weeks away and that the identity of Gossip Girl remained a secret for a little bit longer. But there were some truly wonderful moments in a rather solid finale for a season that honestly hasn’t been great. Here are our five favorites.
5. Ivy gets played Ivy (Kaylee DeFer) sucks, guys. Like, literally. She makes the men who date her lose their awesome individual traits and suddenly become shells of their former selves (she would be great on True Blood). So, when William TOTALLY made her his b*tch, we were stoked. And with a send-off line like, “You’re a lifetime movie called “Nobody Gives a Damn: The Ivy Dickens Story,” we don’t think it could have been any better.
4. Rufus takes Lisa Loeb to Derena’s wedding There’s nothing quite like showing the ex who dumped you for her dead ex-husband that you’re over her to restore balance. Doing that with a fellow former ‘90s superstar musician? Money. Plus, as Rufus ages, Lisa can use her line of funky eyewear to keep him looking relevant.
3. Chair wedding Blair Waldorf(Leighton Meester) and Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick). Married. Dear all various OTP shippers, THIS is the OTP of all of them. Booyah. They tied the knot without it being an obvious church affair, with an A-list crowd, and all the things they’ve finally discovered they don’t need. Oh god. Tears. Tears are coming.
2. Kristen Bell & Rachel Bilson’s EXCELLENT cameo Take a bow, Josh Schwartz & Co., because this was the most perfect way for Kristen Bell to make a cameo that we can imagine. The voiceover? Rachel Bilson as Blair? Can you make ships for shows? Because our OCGG fanfic spinoff is going to be INSANE. Thank you. Just, thank you.
1. Chuck picks up his kid Hearts exploding. Rainbows bursting out of our tear ducts. Uteruses engorging. Glitter pouring out of our ears. The moment when Henry runs to his daddy and Chuck picks him up? STOP. IT.