The ladies of The X Factor’s girl group Fifth Harmony have had a pretty interesting bout on the show so far. They each auditioned as solo singers, and then were lumped into a group. Then, they took on the name LYLAS, sang for Simon, and made it through to Live Shows. After they ran into trouble with their name, they changed it to 1432 (which somehow supposedly means “I love you too”), and then to their current name.
1) They love One Direction. When we chatted with Dinah Jane Hansen a couple weeks back, she said that Harry Styles is her favorite member, and that Camila Cabello “would just die” if they ever met them. She even tweeted, “can someone please explain to me how im gonna be able to bREATHE on thursday bc idk @onedirection.”
2) They were friends before they were ever a group. Although the ladies had never met before The X Factor, Dinah Jane told us that they had become friends during Boot Camp. They were already hanging out when fate (aka the showrunners) put them together into their current form.
3) They have super-supportive families. Although they hail from different parts of the country (Lauren Jauregui are Camila are both from Miami, Dinah Jane is from Santa Ana, Normani is from Atlanta/New Orleans, and Ally is from San Antonio), Dinah Jane told us that their moms and families helped whip the girls into shape before their first performances. “They were almost like our judges before judgment day. They critiqued us to the point where it was like ‘Oh my gosh, really?’”
4) They plan to stay together no matter what happens on the show. It may have been an unplanned union, but it seems like it’s one that’s going to last. The group has already talked about their future, and they plan on going at it together.
5) They aren’t just singers. The five ladies of Fifth Harmony are also, like, quadruple threats. Normani and Lauren both list themselves as writers and dancers on their twitter profiles (and Normani is a model too). So far we haven’t seen a lot of dancing, but we look forward to seeing them bust a move.