More specifically, we’d love for the season of romance to live up to its name. Here’s how:
1) Ben (Jason George) and Bailey actually get married: If Bailey lets Ben go again, we will be very disappointed. A man like that is not easy to find, and Bailey deserves a partner who understands her … sass and all.
2) Cristina (Sandra Oh) and Owen (Kevin McKidd) try again (and have sex): The kiss in the last episode was sheer passionate perfection, but we want more! If Cristina has really changed, then we want to see these two give their marriage a real try. And that, of course, would involve lots of sex. Just sayin’.
3) Jo (Camilla Luddington) and Alex (Justin Chambers) start dating: One of the storylines we’re most intrigued by is the idea that Jo could be Alex’s “person.” So far, we like what we’ve seen between the two of them. The chemistry is there, but what’s next? A first date? We hope so!
4) Sex for Callie (Sara Ramirez) and Arizona (Jessica Capshaw): We realize it seems like all we want is for everyone to have sex, but for Callie and Arizona, we just want them to finally return to normal. And yes, that does include sex. If the last episode proved anything, it’s that Callie doesn’t function well if she’s sex-deprived.
5) A Mer-Der baby: A little brother or sister for Zola? Could there be anything more joyful in all of Seattle? No. No there could not. Also, can you imagine Meredith’s (Ellen Pompeo) eyes on a baby with Derek’s (Patrick Dempsey) hair? Cute doesn’t begin to describe. We will be very angry if something goes wrong with this pregnancy.
6) More Jackson (Jesse Williams)-April (Sarah Drew) Action: For once, we’re not talking about sex. We want to see these two admit that they love each other. We want to hear those three words, eight letters.
7) Lawsuit Conclusion: We’re ready to see this plane-crash lawsuit come to a close. Give the docs their moolah, and let them move on with their lives.
Catch the next new episode of Grey’s Anatomy on Thursday, January 10, 2013, at 9 p.m. ET/PT onABC.
Samantha Highfill is a contributing writer to Wetpaint Entertainment. Follow her on Twitter at@samhighfill.