5 Weird Facts About Real Housewives’ Adrienne Maloof
Sometimes we think we know all there is to know about the ladies ofReal Housewives of Beverly Hills, but they always manage to surprise us. You probably know that Adrienne Maloof and her family have some money (to say the least), but here are five things you might not know about everyone’s favorite basketball team owner:
1. She’s one heck of a tennis player — and received a full tennis scholarship. We’ve seen how competitive Kyle Richards’ husband Mauricio is on the tennis court, but it’s Adrienne whom everyone should really fear. She earned a political science degree from the University of New Mexico, but she got there on a full tennis scholarship, as she was one of the top collegiate players in the country. So whatever you do, don’t challenge Adrienne to a match.
2. Adrienne is getting more involved in producing movies. It’s no surprise that Adrienne is a movie fan, since we saw that gorgeous screening room in her home in Season 2 when the ladies watched Camille’s sitcom episode. But Adrienne is also involved in making movies, too. She was an executive producer on the 2005 horror film Feast, and she is now assisting with several films that are currently in development. So if you have a script you’re working on, we’re sure Adrienne would love to read it!
3. She loves animals, as her dogs Visco and Jackpot would attest. Adrienne’s dogs are Jackpot — a half-Maltese, half-Yorkie — and Visco, a loving guard dog who can get vicious if he needs to. Adrienne also shows her love of animals by helping the Sacramento Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals’ Camp Kindness program.
4. The Maloof family got their oodles of money thanks to a certain bubbly beverage. The Maloofs have been known for their involvement in the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas and the Sacramento Kings basketball team, but the family actually owes its success to beer. Adrienne’s grandfather acquired the distribution rights to Coors Beer in the 1930s and made a fortune. So the next time you crack open a Coors, know that you have the Maloofs to thank. Cheers!
5. Her brothers have dated some people you might recognize. Adrienne’s brothers Gavin and George Jr. have squired some famous faces. George Jr. has dated Tara Reid, Nicole Richie, and numerous Playboy models in the past. And in Season 1, we saw Adrienne chastise one of her brothers for holding hands with his model-esque girlfriend while the family is busy working. Sounds like Adrienne still has to keep them in line from time to time!