5 Weird Facts About Real Housewives’ Taylor Armstrong
Sometimes we think we know all there is to know about the ladies ofReal Housewives of Beverly Hills, but they always manage to surprise us. You probably know that Taylor Armstrong was born in Oklahoma (from that “pull some Oklahoma” quote!) — and that she has a lovely six-year-old daughter, Kennedy — but here are five things you might not have known about her:
1. Her real name isn’t Taylor! We’ve known that Taylor wasn’t born with the name Armstrong, since she took Russell’s last name when the two got married in 2005. But did you know that she wasn’t born with the first name of Taylor either? That’s right — her birth name was “Shana Hughes.” We think both Taylor or Shana would be lovely names for her.
2. She loves to ski — and so does Kennedy. We caught a glimpse of Taylor’s prowess on the slopes during last season ski trip to Colorado, and in fact, Taylor goes skiing a lot. She looked great in this pic from her skiing trip to Colorado last fall, and she even shared a pic of Kennedy getting in on the fun during a December trip. So cute!
3. Taylor has worked in textiles, management consulting, and beauty products. Whew! Taylor made a name for herself as an entrepreneur in Florida, having worked for Pfizer and Medtronic, and she moved to Beverly Hills to run a textile business. She later became the president of a management consulting firm called eImplement, and she also has her own body care line called Four Truffles. Uh, when does she sleep?
4. She does a lot of charity work. Taylor does a ton of philanthropic work, especially focused on putting a stop to domestic violence. Her favorite charity is 1736 Family Crisis Center, and we’ve seen her work with them on the show. We think it’s great that Taylor is doing all she can to make a difference.
5. She is a big fan of burgers. Taylor was a bit on the skinny side in Season 2, so it’s been nice to see her at a healthier weight recently. And it turns out that she loves a good burger! On December 16, she tweeted, “I just ate the best hamburger of my life,” which included “truffle aioli, crispy pancetta and relish.” We hope she saved us a bite!