Sometimes we think we know all there is to know about the ladies ofReal Housewives of Beverly Hills, but they always manage to surprise us. You probably know that Kim Richards starred in Escape to Witch Mountain as a child, but here are five things you might not have known about her:
1. She once starred in a TV show that TV Guide calls one of the worst ever! Any actor is going to have his or her share of clunkers, right? So while Kim has appeared on plenty of beloved shows, like Magnum, P.I. and Diff’rent Strokes, she had a starring role on the early ‘80s sitcom Hello, Larry, which is not so highly regarded. In fact, TV Guide once ranked it at No. 12 on its “50 Worst Shows of All Time” list. Ouch!
2. She got her showbiz start at the age of four months. At four months old, the biggest responsibility of most kids is napping. But Kim was already out earning a living and made her TV debut in a diaper commercial. We assume it was the cutest diaper commercial ever.
3. She receives $23K a month from her divorce settlement! Kim has been married twice. The first time was to the heir to a supermarket franchise, and the second time was in the early ‘90s to Gregg Davis, whose oil-tycoon father was the inspiration for the show Dynasty. Thanks to her divorce settlement from Gregg, Kim receives a whopping $276K each year for the rest of her life or until she remarries. That’s enough money to make anyone want to stay single.
4. She has appeared in several recent films and even played Christina Ricci’s mom in one. We’re not sure if we see an obvious similarity in looks between Kim and Christina Ricci, but that didn’t prevent Kim from playing Christina’s mom in the 2006 drama, Black Snake Moan, which also starred Justin Timberlake. Kim also had a cameo in 2009’s remake of Race to Witch Mountain, starring The Rock. Those are two movies with two very sexy leading men. We’re jealous, Kim!
5. Her net worth is close to one million dollars. All that hard work from a young age has really paid off for Kim. These days, her net worth is estimated to be a million dollars! Not too shabby.