5 Weird Facts About Real Housewives’ Camille Grammer
Sometimes we think we know all there is to know about the ladies ofReal Housewives of Beverly Hills, but they always manage to surprise us. You probably know that Camille Grammer was married to Frasier star Kelsey Grammer, but here are five things you might not have known about her:
1. Camille studied acting with the intention of becoming a thespian. Camille, who was born in Newport Beach and grew up in New Jersey, attended NYU and UCLA with a focus on dramatic arts. She told E! News in February 2011, “I studied acting years ago — it was kind of a dream I had years ago, but I gave that up when I got married and had children. We’re thinking her acting skills come in handy now, as there are probably Housewives whom she has to pretend to be friendly with at times.
2. She has appeared in Playboy, not to mention a film called The Naked Detective. Speaking of acting, she’s appeared in a few films that aren’t exactly Oscar-worthy, if you get our drift. Need an example? One ‘90s film on her resume is something called Marilyn Chambers’ Bedtime Stories, and another goes by the title The Naked Detective. We suppose that clothes can sometimes get in the way of solving crimes.
3. She played a version of herself on the sitcom $#*! My Dad Says. You might not remember much about the short-lived CBS sitcom $#*! My Dad Says, starring William Shatner, but you may remember that the Housewives all gathered during Season 2 to watch Camille’s appearance on an episode of that show. Either way, Camille played a character also named Camille, and has said it was “a parody on myself.” Kudos to Camille for being such a good sport!
4. She owns half of the production company behind a number of hit TV shows. It’s safe to say that the less we discuss Allison DuBois, the better. However, the reason Camille and Allison are close is that Camille has helped produce shows for Grammnet, the production company behind Medium, which is loosely inspired by Allison’s life. Grammnet has also produced Girlfriends, The Game, and Kelsey’s recently canceled Starz series Boss.
5. Her boyfriend Dimitri takes her boating in Greece! We’re loving Camille’s new hunky boyfriend Dimitri Charalambopoulos, as he seems like a sweetheart. Not only does this attorney — and his abs of steel — cook Greek specialties for her, but he also has family in Greece, and so he has taken her around the Greek islands in a sailboat. Uh, who needs Kelsey?