5 Weird Facts About Real Housewives’ Yolanda Foster
Sometimes we think we know all there is to know about the ladies ofReal Housewives of Beverly Hills, but they always manage to surprise us. You probably know thatYolanda Foster is now married to pop music impresario David Foster — and that she loves picking lemons — but here are five things you might not have known about her:
1. She’s been working since a young age — including a restaurant job at age 13. Yolanda’s childhood in Holland had some tough moments, as her dad passed away when she was just seven years old. After that, she took a job as a dishwasher at a Chinese restaurant at age 13. However, by 16, she was discovered by a modeling agency and was soon whisked around the globe. Now, her daughter Gigi is following in her modeling footsteps!
2. This isn’t her family’s first reality show. Yolanda has previously appeared on two seasons of a reality show that aired in the Netherlands, called Dutch Hollywood Women. Meanwhile, her husband David was featured on a short-lived 2005 Fox reality show called The Princes of Malibu, in which he tried to raise his two stepsons from his previous marriage to Linda Thompson. One of those stepsons? The Hills hottie Brody Jenner. As you can see, Yolanda has a lot of people who can give her advice on reality stardom.
3. She has three children from her previous marriage to Mohamed Hadid. It’s a little hard to imagine Yolanda and Lisa Vanderpump’s friend, Mohamed Hadid, being all that compatible, considering we’ve seen that Mohamed owns, ahem, a sex dungeon. But the couple was married for eight years and had three children, and now they seem to have remained friendly. Plus, Yolanda walked away with a couple of mansions, cars, and a reported $3.6 million cash settlement in their divorce, which is likely to make anyone happy.
4. She has tried her hand at singing. When Yolanda and David got married, Yolanda recorded a music video for him to express her love through song. So she dressed up in an old-timey flight attendant uniform and belted out an original tune while on an airplane. Yup, you read that correctly. Long story short, you gotta see it to believe it!
5. Her husband David has been involved with plenty of songs you might know. David didn’t get too into detail on the show about all the various hit songs he’s been involved with — but that might be because the list of songs would have taken hours to get through! For example, his biggest hits include producing Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You” and Toni Braxton’s “Un-Break My Heart.” And we won’t pretend we weren’t impressed by that piano full of Grammys!