Jon LeMay/ABC Television Group Â© 2012 Disney
Nashville’s Top 10 Quotes From Season 1, Episode 9: “I Only Hate Sunburns and Hangovers”
When it came to funny lines and witty quips, this week’s Nashville did not disappoint, especially with Deacon (Charles Esten) proving that his hearing is not what it once was. Here are our picks for the top 10 quotes from Season 1, Episode 9: “Be Careful of the Stones That You Throw.”
10. Deacon has way more than just one, if you ask us.
Deacon, to Carmen: I have an endearing quality — well, that’s good to know.
9. Juliette only tells the important people.
Sean, about their engagement: We should probably tell people.
Juliette (Hayden Panettiere): Like our managers?
8. Glenn is not opposed to bending the truth if need be.
Glenn, about Juliette: This is really not like her.
Rayna (Connie Britton): Oh, Glenn — you’re hilarious.
7. Uh, have you seen Deacon?
Revel Kings member: Why don’t reporters kiss me like that?
6. Glenn will definitely try to stay on top of Juliette’s next marriage.
Rayna, on Glenn’s shock that Juliette is engaged: Y’all should communicate better.
5. Some aspects of their relationship work better than others.
Avery (Jonathan Jackson), after hooking up: That was...
Scarlett (Clare Bowen): Never our issue.
4. In Juliette’s world, “too flashy” is typically an oxymoron.
Juliette: Is this too flashy?
Emily: I don’t think I’ve ever heard you ask that question before.
3. Keep telling yourself that, buddy.
Revel Kings member, to Deacon: Just because you pulled a hot reporter does not mean you are prettier than me.
2. But if you have a sunburn and a hangover, you know that the day before was amazing.
Juliette: You hate me.
Rayna: I only hate sunburns and hangovers.
1. It sounds like Deacon could use a nap.
Carmen: So what’s it like joining one of the biggest rock and roll bands in the world?