Quotes From Once Upon a Time Season 2, Episode 11: “I’ve Always Wanted to Dissect a Cricket” and More
The characters on Once Upon a Time might have their hands full with breaking curses and slaying dragons and whatnot, but that doesn’t mean they’re too busy for a good zinger. We've rounded up the 10 best quotes from this week’s episode, Season 2, Episode 11: “The Outsider,” including Belle teaching the villagers the importance of literacy.
10. Emma [to Henry]: “You plotting your escape from Shawshank, kid?” It’s probably a good idea to keep all rocks and hammers away from Henry.
9. Villager [about Belle bringing books to fight the Yaoguai]: “Maybe she means to bore it to death.” We’re guessing these villagers aren’t in a book club. Also, please excuse us as we break out into song: “With a dreamy, far-off look and her nose stuck in a book, what a puzzle to the rest of us is Belle...”
8. Claude: “Wait — you’re a...” Mulan: “Yeah, I know.” Mulan is presumably aware she’s a woman, but thanks for the heads-up, Claude.
7. Henry [after Archie’s answering machine says he’s with a patient]: “Or dead.” If it were up to Henry, answering machine messages would be far more macabre.
6. Regina: “You really should be nicer to your traveling companions — right, Claude?” Is Regina really the one to be lecturing people on being nicer?
5. Hook: “Go ahead, crocodile. Do your worst.” Rumple: “I intend to.” Don’t encourage him, Hook.
4. Belle [to Claude]: “A book. I trust you’ve seen one before.” Maybe Claude does all his reading on his Kindle.
3. Hook: I’ve always wanted to dissect a cricket.” If dissecting an insect is Hook’s lifelong aspiration, he might want to start dreaming bigger.
2. Belle [to Phillip]: “You’re not the first beast I’ve faced.” After dealing with Rumple, anything else is a piece of cake.
1. Hook: “I know this ship like the back of my — well, you know.” At least he knows the ship like the back of his right hand.