1. Are Andrew and Spencer gonna be a thing? Please?! Last this year at this time, we were audibly squealing almost 24/7 about how cute Spoby was. My, how things change! Now that we’ve met adorkable Andrew — Spencer’s love interest in the books — we’re hoping they’ll get together, as he seems like a perfect fit for Spencer. No, he’s not the brooding bad boy type, but that hasn’t worked out so well for Spence lately, has it?
2. What is going to happen to Byron? “A” has toyed with the Liars’ parents to a degree — whether it’s about Ashley’s stolen money or Byron’s infidelity. But no parent has been physically harmed yet, which could change after the scene in which Mona (in her signature black hoodie!) calls someone to say Byon is leaving his office. What does the “A” team have planned for Byron? And the bigger question: Will we be all that sad to see him get smacked around a bit? Right now, our answer to the latter is, “Not so much.”
3. Is Meredith still in cahoots with Byron — and might she have swiped the journal page? Aria trusts Meredith awfully quickly, considering how diabolical Mer has been over the years. But we’re not sure we fully trust Meredith’s story about catching Byron while he was rifling through Aria’s room. For all we know, their little lovers’ quarrel could have been staged. So did Byron kill Ali? Either way, Aria should have left Meredith’s tea alone, lest she end up like Emily when she drank a mystery liquid.
4. Is Ella telling the truth about the night Alison died? The dads on this show are bad news, but the moms have mostly been behind their daughters all the way. That’s why we’re inclined to believe Ella didn’t know Byron left their home on the night of Ali’s murder. But might she have actually known that Byron paid Ali a visit? Or maybe Ella really is a lightweight at handling her liquor.
5. Why was Toby trying to hit Lucas with his SUV? It looks like Lucas was indeed the skateboarder who Toby was trying to run down in an SUV last week, Lindsay Lohan-style. Was Toby trying to hit him because Lucas is no longer helping the “A” team, or is there another reason? In fact, do we really believe that Lucas was only being blackmailed by Mona and not actually on the “A” team?
6. Did what Mona whispered to Lucas last week have something to do with blackmail? As much as we want to believe Lucas’ story about Mona blackmailing him — and we really want to! — we still have trouble buying it. After all, we don’t yet know what Mona whispered to Lucas last week after she found the cow’s brain in her locker. We suppose it could have been related to the blackmail, but it seemed more like a secret they were both in on. Then again, the fact that someone has a secret on this show shouldn’t be a huge surprise.
7. What was in the envelope Lucas give Mona from Jason? Lucas admits to Hanna that he took an envelope from Jason and gave it to Mona, supposedly because Lucas was being blackmailed. Did this mystery envelope contain the money Jason was promising to the person who would name Ali’s murderer? And if so, does that mean Jason isn’t on the “A” team, or that he at least doesn’t know that Mona is? If only we could pay someone to tell us who “A” is.
8. What is Jason’s deal? Was Jason just helping Mona with her video because he’s a sucker for helping troubled youth, or is there something more going on? Obviously, she’s been over to his house, as we saw her fixing up his wound last week, so it appears they’re closer than she’s letting on. Does that mean Jason’s on the “A” team — which might also mean that Ali’s still alive?
9. Where did Harold go — and why was he at Rosewood High? The fact that the Liars ever thought they might be able to trust Mona is laughable. So it’s now safe to assume her story about Harold stalking her was all baloney (to avoid using a more colorful term). But what role is Harold playing in this saga, and does his involvement suggest that he somehow knew Alison? Alison certainly knew some creepy dudes.
10. Will Paige start therapy with Dr. Sullivan? Emily encourages Paige to see a therapist during the episode, which makes us wonder if Dr. Sullivan might be coming back. The Liars’ former therapist hasn’t been seen since the end of Season 2, when Toby somehow located her (fishy that she was cavorting with Toby, right?), so might Dr. Sullivan meet with Paige — and will we ever learn who her son is?