1. Who knocked Ali up? It seems like the “beach hottie” might have been Detective Wilden (Bryce Johnson), since we see the pic of him at Cape May. However, Alison (Sasha Pieterse) and Toby’s (Keegan Allen) scene in juvie suggests they may have gotten romantic as well, so we’re wondering if Toby might have been the lucky (or is it “unlucky”?) guy. Come to think of it, the only thing that scares us more than “A” is the thought of Ali as a mom. Shudder.
2. Ali was drinking on the night she died — so was she not still pregnant? We know Ali was drinking at the sleepover on the night of her murder, so does this mean she wasn’t actually pregnant when she was killed? We wonder if she got an abortion, and if so, if Rosewood’s only doctor — aka Wren (Julian Morris)— might have known something about it. Still, we wouldn’t be surprised if Ali were to drink while pregnant anyway, since this is Ali we’re talking about.
3. Did Wilden kill Ali? Wilden’s speech to Emily’s (Shay Mitchell) mom about killing someone in self defense just after starting on the force sounds an awful lot like an admission of guilt relating to Ali’s murder. Is this a hint he killed Ali? Either way, Emily’s mom would be well-advised to make friends at work with anyone other than that dude.
4. Why was Paige talking to Shana? Hanna (Ashley Benson) does a little spying and finds Paige (Lindsey Shaw) at a club with Shana, who works at the Halloween store in Pretty Dirty Secrets. At first, we were worried Paige might be interested in Shana, but now we’re thinking Shana may know something about Ali’s death, since Shana lived in South Carolina. Nice sleuthing, Hanna — now go find a towel to clean yourself off after that thrown drink.
5. Was CeCe involved in Ali’s death? CeCe (Vanessa Ray) gives off a creepy vibe regardless of what she does, and this week was no exception, as she claims to not know who the “beach hottie” is. We’re now wondering if Ali’s pregnancy might have caused CeCe to get upset, meaning perhaps the guy was someone whom CeCe was interested in as well. Given CeCe’s temper, we wouldn’t want to be on her bad side.
6. Is Ezria — gasp! — dunzo for good? We’re glad Ezra (Ian Harding) finally knows about his offspring, but not at the possible expense of his adorable relationship with Aria (Lucy Hale). Obviously, Ezria has broken up before, so we’re hoping this will just be another temporary split to add to the (long) list. Still, Ezra has never been more huggable than he was when he tearfully told Aria not to call him, so we’re hoping they patch things up ASAP.
7. When did Toby join the “A” team? When Ali visits Toby in juvie, he tells her he’s not “A” but wishes he were. So we’re wondering how soon Toby joined the “A” team. Was he already with “A” when he started pursuing Emily back in Season 1? We hope to get more flashbacks to young Toby in order to answer this question — and to get another glimpse of Toby in that do-rag. Gotta love that do-rag.
8. Has Jenna been able to see since Ali was still alive? Ali tells Toby that Jenna’s first eye surgery didn’t go well, so we wonder if the surgery was a success, meaning Jenna has been faking her blindness since before Ali died. If so, perhaps Jenna knew Garrett didn’t kill Ali — and maybe Jenna had more to do with Ali’s death than we realized. In other words, perhaps those sunglasses were just a fashion statement.
9. When will Spencer come clean about Toby? Sure, breaking up is hard to do, so we’re trying to cut Spencer (Troian Bellisario) some slack for not yet telling her friends about Toby. But does she not realize her vow of silence could allow Toby to harm them further? Suck it up and do the right thing, Spence.
10. What will Spencer’s private investigator learn about Toby? We don’t know how Spencer found this semi-creepy private investigator, but let’s hope he manages to find something useful about Toby. We must say we’re worried about the investigator being affiliated with the “A” team, but let’s hope that’s not the case. (What can we say? This show makes us paranoid.)
Catch the next episode of Pretty Little Liars on Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC Family.