Grey’s Anatomy Season 9, Episode 13 Spoilers: 7 Things We Learned From the Sneak Peeks (VIDEO)
Grey's Anatomy Season 9, Episode 13: "Bad Blood" (airing tonight, January 31) will continue to explore the aftermath of the lawsuit. As we impatiently wait for the episode to air, we've filled our time by constantly replaying the sneak peeks. Here's what we've learned from them about the episode.
1. The "renovation" is going forward. Based on this sneak peek, it sounds like the plan to get rid of the ER is getting underway, since Dr. Cahill is talking about a "renovation" that needs to happen quickly.
2. Owen is going to fight it. In the same sneak peek, Owen (Kevin McKidd) is very anti-removing the ER, despite working pretty well with Dr. Cahill last week. 3. Cahill in action. That sneak peek also features Dr. Cahill reluctantly jumping in to help with an emergency patient. Will she start to change her mind about the ER? Will we learn more about why she gave up being a surgeon? Enquiring minds want to know.
4. April and Derek have a plan. Meanwhile, it looks like April (Sarah Drew) and Derek (Patrick Dempsey) think they can save the ER if they can just convince the other doctors in the hospital to give up various expensive extras. Unsurprisingly, charming Derek is better at it then overbearing (if adorable) April.
5. A sticky situation. As you can see in the two sneak peeks below, Cristina (Sandra Oh) and intern Leah (Tessa Ferrer) land a patient who's religious beliefs — he's a Jehovah's Witness — prohibit them from using someone else's blood to save him. The problem? They have to do a tricky surgery that normally requires the use of blood. Will they be able to pull it off?
6. Does Leah cross a line? Throughout both of those sneak peek, Cristina seems frustrated but understanding about her patient, while Leah looks ready to burst at the seams. Then, at the end of the first one, we see her sneaking off with a bag of blood. Is she taking matters into her own hands? 7. Is Meredith's baby in trouble? In a final sneak peek, which you can watch here, Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) freaks because she thinks there's something wrong with her baby. But is there?