Best Castle Quotes From Season 5, Episode 13: “Recoil”
Typically, we expect Castle to be chock-full of punny zingers and off-handed Castle one-liners — but during last night’s episode, “Recoil,” we got hit with a giant dose of serious with a side of cute Caskett moments. That takes a lot of skill, but if any couple could pull it off, it’s our favorite mystery writer and his partner in (after-hours) crime.
Take a peek at our favorite quotables from Season 5, Episode 13, “Recoil” below:
1. Beckett (about Bracken): This is it, Castle. This is my chance to finally make him pay.
We were wondering what you were waiting for.
2. Esposito: You know, I was really hoping the next time I saw this guy would be down the barrel of my gun. Someone forgot to circulate that whole “don’t sink to his level” memo.
3. Beckett: Now I’m protecting the guy who murdered my mother. Rock, meet hard place.
4. Bracken (to Beckett): A man doesn’t get to my position without upsetting people along the way. Most of them aren’t crazy enough to want to try to kill me, present company excluded. We don’t blame her. At. All.
5. Bracken: A shooter on the loose, me in the crosshairs. Must be a dream come true for you. Beckett: In my dreams, I’m the one that gets to pull the trigger. Just to clarify things.
6. Castle: You really are remarkable, you know that? Yes!!!
7. Dr. Burke: Why is this time different? Beckett: Because this time, it feels like there’s no right choice. Dr. Burke: Maybe the right choice is the one you can live with.
When in doubt, always choose C.
8. Castle: I wouldn’t have done it, you know, what she did. I’d have stood and watched.
You can’t get more blunt than that.
9. Bracken: You saved my life. Beckett: Yeah, well, you can’t win ‘em all, can you?
Was that sarcasm?!
10. Beckett: He’ll slip up eventually, and when he does, I’ll be ready.