Nashville’s Jonathan Jackson: 5 Things You Need to Know
Hands up if you've fallen hard for Jonathan Jackson? You know, despite his questionable facial hair. Thought so.
Jonathan stole our hearts and lady parts as Nashville's Avery Barkley, and it's time to get to know him better. Check out five fun facts about this southern gent, including the revelation that he's a poet and you didn't know it!
1. He Was In Tuck Everlasting Starring alongside Rory Gilmore in everyone's favorite childhood book-turned-movie was clearly the most important moment in Jonathan's life. This hunk played the coveted role of Jess Tuck, which basically involved leaping through the forest like a little wood nymph and drinking magical spring water.
2. He's a Five-Time Emmy Winner! Ok, he's a five time Daytime Emmy winner, but still. General Hospital is totally the Homeland of 3pm, and Jonathan's role as Lucky Spencer was extremely dynamic. We have no doubt that a primetime Emmy is in his future for playing Avery on Nashville!
3. He's a Writer Jonathan is a true renaissance man. Not only does he act and sing (more on that later), he's a writer to boot! Jonathan pens screenplays and novels, but his latest literary foray is Book of Solace and Madness, a collection of mystical poetry. Which we assume is like regular poetry, only mysterious.
4. He's The Lead Singer In a Band Jonathan is the lead singer and guitar player for Enation, a big-time indie band who have been featured in numerous TV shows. You might recognize their song "Feel This," which was played on One Tree Hill and rose to #8 on iTunes Rock Charts!
5. He's Married With Children Sorry, ladies. Jonathan and his chin-tee are taken! This singer-songwriter divides his time between Los Angeles and Nashville with his wife, Elisa, and their three kiddos, Titus, Caleb and Adora. That's right, Titus. Best name ever.