1. Does this episode confirm Ali is still alive? We’d already gotten a hint from Mona (Janel Parrish) that the “A” leader is female, and now Emily’s (Shay Mitchell) memory of a blonde girl in a red coat backs that up. Does this mean Ali (Sasha Pieterse) is still alive? Or could the blonde hair belong to someone else, like perhaps CeCe (Vanessa Ray) or Meredith (Amanda Schull)? We’ve always liked the “Ali is ‘A’” theory, but now that the show has suggested it, it’s likely to not to be true. Dammit!
2. Could the person in the red coat be wearing a blonde wig? We know there is a blonde wig in A’s lair, which we see in the Season 2 finale. So perhaps the person with blonde hair is actually wearing a wig. Kinda means the possibilities are endless, no? And we hate endless possibilities.
3. Who is digging up Ali’s grave? We initially assumed the person whom Emily sees digging up Ali’s grave is Toby (Keegan Allen), since we know the guy has an affinity for manual labor. But if you look closely at the gravedigger, it seems the person has long brown hair. So could this be Mona — or perhaps another brunette, like Jenna (Tammin Sursok) or Melissa (Torrey DeVitto)? Let’s just hope Emily gets another burst of memories soon to clear this up.
4. Did Wilden really impregnate Ali — and did he kill her? Wilden is getting a bad rap lately: Emily assumes the French postcard means he killed Ali or is on the “A” team — and then Spencer (Troian Bellisario) blabs to Jason (Drew Van Acker) that Wilden (Bryce Johnson) knocked up Ali. And while Wilden definitely seemed suspicious last week when he admits to Emily’s mom that he once killed someone in self-defense, we’re still not sure he’s actually Ali’s killer. But what we do know is we don’t want Spencer to speak at our funeral.
5. Remember when Ezra brought a bottle of scotch to a party in Season 2? Hmmm... In Season 2, Episode 7: “Surface Tension,” Byron commends Ezra’s (Ian Harding) for the scotch he brings over. So when we see “A” buy whiskey at the end of this week’s episode, we wonder whether this is Ezra again. At any rate, the fact that “A” was able to purchase a bottle of liquor means that someone on the “A” team is probably over 21, given that the liquor store would probably scan the ID card. (Translation: Prove us wrong, Ezra!)
6. Why did the show keep focusing on the typewriter in Ezra’s apartment? It’s always been suspicious that Ezra uses a typewriter, since we know “A” uses one, too. So the fact that the episode kept showing close-ups of the typewriter in Ezra’s apartment made us raise our eyebrows about as high as they would go. Is this a sign either Aria or Ezra are writing A’s notes with that typewriter?
7. What happened to Jason’s wound? We see Jason this week, and he’s back to his normal, testy self. But there’s no mention of that gaping wound we saw on his side a few episodes back. So is the show just going to pretend the wound never happened? And will we ever find out who Aria stabbed while she was in the box? This show has so many mysteries that we’re worried a few will just get forgotten.
8. Might Dr. Sullivan have helped Mona while she was at Radley? Mona tells Dr. Sullivan, “I could never really repay you for what you did.” Ominous, right? Okay, so everything Mona says is ominous, but this is especially so. Does this mean Mona was the person who was with Dr. Sullivan in the restaurant whom the waitress calls “pretty eyes” in Season 2? And did Dr. Sullivan provide Mona with some kind of info about the Liars, or did she somehow do something for Mona while she was at Radley? Say it ain’t so, Dr. Sullivan!
9. Could Mona’s flower be bugged? The one thing we know about Mona is that we would never accept a gift from her. So when she hands that orchid to Dr. Sullivan, our first assumption is that it’s bugged. Better toss that one in the trash, Dr. S.
10. Will Wes and Aria hook up? And how many things will we throw at the TV if they do? And one more follow-up question would be, “Why is Wes (Gregg Sulkin) so darn creepy?” Because let’s face it: Slamming people in the face with a pizza box is not normal behavior. So while we do think Aria and Wes are kinda cute together, we can’t shake the feeling Wes is up to something. Then again, merely trying to sleep with his brother’s girlfriend would be sketchy enough as it is.
Catch the next episode of Pretty Little Liars on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC Family.
Pretty Little Liars" googleanalytics ="UA-10597003-4" postauthor="kayti-burt" posttag="Pretty Little Liars" tagstring="Pretty Little Liars,Features" data-url="http://www.wetpaint.com/2015-07-27-pretty-little-liars-a-reveals-that-would-be-the-most-shocking/" onClick="AjaxContentCall(1428874,1);">