Once Upon a Time Season 2, Episode 13 Burning Questions: When Will We Meet Alice?
We love all ofOnce Upon a Time’s many, many mysteries, but sometimes it seems like each episode introduces more questions than answers. To that end, we’ve tackled the 10 biggest questions from this week’s episode in order to make sense of everything that happened.
1. When will we meet Alice? After we meet Jacqueline (Cassidy Freeman) — aka “Jack” — she bumps into Anton (Jorge Garcia) and gives him a piece of a magic mushroom. (We thought magic mushrooms were only handed out at Phish concerts.) She mentions a “wise woman” gave it to her after she slayed a jabberwock. So does this mean Jack knew Alice - and how soon will we be meeting her?
2. Could Gold’s loss of magic work in his favor? Mr. Gold (Robert Carlyle) is about as obsessed with his magical powers as we are with pizza. But it might be good for Gold to be without with powers - which can’t be said for pizza, since it’s never good to be without pizza. Bae hates magic, so Gold being magic-free might win him over. Then again, if you have to take off your shawl to board a plane, perhaps the terrorists have won.
3. What are Cora, Hook, and Regina up to? Cora (Barbara Hershey) doesn’t need a reason to stick someone is a cage, since this is Cora we’re talking about. Still, she clearly has a motive for bringing Anton to Storybrooke so he can plant his bean stem - but what is it? And what were Regina (Lana Parrilla) and Hook (Colin O’Donoghue) plotting when they said they wanted the people of Storybrooke to be distracted by the giant? One giant, lots of mysteries.
4. Will the bean farming plan work out? Now that Anton has teamed up with the dwarves to plant the bean stem, we’re wondering how soon we’ll get some beans. Will Storybrooke’s residents use them to get back to Fairytale Land - and will these beans mean we’ll finally get a glimpse at Neverland? Or will Cora swipe them and do whatever she has planned for them? We’ve never known beans to be quite so popular.
5. What are Belle and Greg planning? Neither Belle (Emilie de Ravin) nor Greg Mendell seem likely to keep their knowledge of Gold’s magic to themselves. So we’re worried they’ll spill the beans about Storybrooke — or do something to harm Gold. And is it just us, or do Belle and Greg seem like they might end up hooking up? We’re not in favor this, but we will admit that their mash-up name — Menbelle — kind of writes itself.
6. Now that Charming is David, will we meet Goliath? Leroy’s (Lee Arenberg) reaction to learning Charming’s (Josh Dallas) real name is David was hilariously confused. Now that we know David is his real name and his cursed name, we wonder what significance the choice of “David” will have. Could he also be King David, and will we see him get to know Goliath? After all, David proved this week he’s good at subduing oversized people.
7. Will David and Snow return to Fairytale Land? David keeps bringing up returning to Fairytale Land, and Snow (Ginnifer Goodwin) appears to be running out of excuses for why they should stay in Storybrooke, now that more magic beans are on the way. So will these two actually pack their things and bid farewell to Storybrooke for good?
8. Why does David not care about leaving Emma? The big reason we doubt Snow and Charming would leave Storybrooke permanently is because Emma (Jennifer Morrison) is there. However, David doesn’t seem too attached to her, which we can’t understand. Will we begin to see friction between these two? Or will David have a change of heart and realize he wants to be in the same town — let alone world — as his daughter? Let’s hope for the latter.
9. Will we be seeing more of Anton? We didn’t know how we’d feel about Anton, but we’re loving this friendly giant. So we’re hoping to see more of him, especially since he’s responsible for the possible creation of more portals, thanks to that magic stem. We also feel badly about Anton falling in the sinkhole — and we’re thinking whoever is responsible for maintaining Storybrooke’s infrastructure should probably get fired.
10. How soon will we see more of Ruby/Belle? Okay, the pairing we most want rekindled is Rumbelle, but we won’t downplay how much we’ve also loved Ruby (Meghan Ory) and Belle’s friendship. That’s why we’re not thrilled about seeing these two on the outs for the time being. And speaking of these two, we couldn’t help but chuckle when Ruby gives Belle the book Mysterious Island. Translation: This show loves a good Lost allusion!
Catch the next episode of Once Upon a Time on Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.