Beyoncé and Jay-Z: 5 Must-Know Details About Music’s Power Couple
Undoubtedly the royal family of hip-hop and rap music, Beyoncé and Jay-Z have taken the industry by storm and have no plans of slowing down, as Bey’s Super Bowl performance and upcoming HBO film prove. Plus, they’re thriving in their personal lives too, starting a family with the January 2012 addition of daughter Blue Ivy. Over the past year, we’ve gleaned some vital knowledge about the dynamic duo, and we’re eager to share! Read on...
1. They love to unload money on daughter Blue Ivy... ...with sneakers well into the three-figures (READ MORE) and a rocking horse well into the six-figures (READ MORE).
2. Blue Ivy’s birth was at the center of controversy... ...after their privacy concerns reportedly came at the expense of other patients’ comfort. READ MORE.
3. They even tried to trademark the words “Blue Ivy”... ...not realizing or not caring that a wedding planner had claimed it first. Were they successful? READ MORE.
4. Jay-Z was supposed join Beyoncé in the 2013 Super Bowl halftime show... ...but backed out at the last minute. Why? READ MORE.
5. Instead, he spent six figures on a post-Super Bowl party... ...nearly half of which was spent on champagne alone. Want the exact cost? READ MORE.