1. What were Melissa and CeCe talking about in the flashback? We’re not sure Jason’s (Drew Van Acker) memory can be trusted, but he appears to have seen Melissa (Torrey DeVitto) and CeCe (Vanessa Ray) talking on the night of Ali’s (Sasha Pieterse) murder. (Way to keep this info to yourself, dude!) It sounds like Melissa tells CeCe that something “takes you where you have to go.” So perhaps CeCe killed Ali, and Melissa is helping her escape? It’s not a stretch to think Melissa wouldn’t exactly mourn Ali’s loss.
2. Why was CeCe wearing Ali’s yellow top? When Jason first sees CeCe from behind, he assumes it’s Ali — which is an easy mistake to make, since CeCe is wearing the yellow top which Ali was wearing on the night she was murdered. Huh? We know Ali has good taste in clothes, but taking her apparel — or dressing exactly like her — is a little much. Did CeCe want to be mistaken for Ali for some reason?
3. Did CeCe have a fling with Wilden? The fact that CeCe was in the Cape May photo with Detective Wilden (Bryce Johnson) after claiming not to know him makes us wonder what she was hiding. We’re thinking CeCe might have had a fling with Wilden, and perhaps she wasn’t happy when Wilden supposedly knocked Ali up. And on a side note, how on earth does Wilden get so much action?
4. Why did CeCe lie to Aria about her car getting towed? CeCe had us scratching our heads throughout the episode, as there was no real explanation for why she left Wes and Aria (Lucy Hale) alone and claimed to have her car towed. Was she trying to get Wes and Aria to hook up because she has a history with Ezra (Ian Harding)? Or was she trying to keep Aria occupied while she engaged in some “A” business? Suddenly, we don’t feel so bad about the wine spilling on CeCe’s rug.
5. Where did Jason go? Our first assumption when Jason went missing from his hospital bed was that he was yet another of A’s kidnapping victims. But wouldn’t we have heard Jason scream — let alone that he seems a bit too heavy to just whisk away? So if he left voluntarily, was he afraid of something happening to him — or was he perhaps meeting up with someone? Either way, the fact that we got to see him shirtless in that hospital bed was not a bad thing.
6. Who put the whiskey on Jason’s porch — and which two “A” team members were drinking whiskey at the end? We’re not sure who put an insane amount of whiskey bottles on Jason’s porch, but plenty of people have chided him for his previous substance issues in the past, including Ali, CeCe, and Jenna (Tammin Sursok). Also, Ezra has been commended for his good taste in scotch in the past — and Wren (Julian Morris) likes the sauce as well — so those two gents are possibilities, too.
7. Why did Wren visit Spencer? We’ve also had suspicions that Wren and Mona (Janel Parrish) are in cahoots, especially now that she apparently sent Wren to check up on Spencer (Troian Bellisario). Is it possible Mona actually sent Wren to talk to Melissa — or possibly torment Melissa — but he couldn’t because Spencer was there? Come to think of it, Wren should probably tell Aria about the perils of dating two people in the same family.
8. Is there a hidden meaning to the message on the sunglasses? It’s hard for us to see something involving a pair of sunglasses and not think of Jenna. So when Spencer gets a message from “A” on a pair of shades, we immediately wonder if this is a hint at Jenna’s involvement with the “A” team. By the way, if Jenna isn’t using her designer sunglasses anymore, we totally want to buy them off of her.
9. Could Wes be working with his mom? We do kind of love Wes, but we’re still suspicious of the guy — given that he was the one who got the “Ezra’s son” ball rolling in the first place. So is it possible his mom sent him to hook up with Aria as a ploy to get Ezra to end things with her? Then again, it’s possible Wes just has a crush on Aria — which wouldn’t really be a surprise, since she is quite crushable.
10. How adorable is Spandrew? Okay, so this is basically a rhetorical question, but the only acceptable answer is: So adorable. It was a bit shocking to see how quickly Spencer was willing to take her bra off in front of him, but this is not really the same Spencer we’ve known all these years. So will Spencer and Andrew become a thing — or will she go back to Wren? That’s not a bad choice to have to make.
Catch the next episode of Pretty Little Liars on Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC Family.