Once Upon a Time Season 2, Episode 14 Questions: Will Rumple Kill Henry?
We love all ofOnce Upon a Time’s many, many mysteries, but sometimes it seems like each episode introduces more questions than answers. To that end, we’ve tackled the 10 biggest questions from this week’s episode in order to make sense of everything that happened.
1. Which eligible bachelor will Emma choose? Up until this week, we wanted Emma (Jennifer Morrison) and Hook (Colin O’Donoghue) together — in part because we wish it were us who gets to hook up with Hook, and so we want to live vicariously through Emma. (Don’t judge.) But now that we’ve seen Emma, Neal (Michael Raymond-James), and Henry (Jared Gilmore) bond, we sorta want them to be one big happy family. Still, did we mention how hot Hook is? Ugh, this is harder than Sophie’s Choice!
2. Is Neal also Peter Pan? Neal is Baelfire, but could he also be Peter Pan? For one thing, Neal going to Neverland would explain why he’s not ancient. Plus, in a Canadian promo for the next episode, Neal tells Emma our world wasn’t his first stop, since he’d be several hundred years old if it were. This suggests he’s Peter Pan or perhaps a Lost Boy. Long story short: We can’t wait for Hook and Neal to reunite.
3. What does it mean that Henry is Rumple’s undoing? The seer tells Rumplestiltskin (Robert Carlyle) that a little boy will lead him to his son but will also be his undoing. This is odd, considering it’s hard to picture adorable little Henry doing anything wrong. Perhaps Henry accidentally helps Hook find Gold? Or maybe Henry is just the undoing of Gold being the Dark One? Let’s hope for the latter.
4. What will Gold do to Henry? Rumple tells the seer he’ll just have to kill the little boy who’s said to be his undoing, but will he actually go through with that? Gold has softened a bit in Storybrooke, and now that Gold is Henry’s grandpa, it would be hard to imagine him killing Henry. Still, Gold is a person whose bad side we wouldn’t want to be on.
5. Does Neal know where August is? Frankly, we’re not too pleased to have waited so long for new scenes involving August (Eion Bailey). Where has the poor guy been since the curse ended? In fact, we wonder if he might have been keeping in touch with Neal over the years, or if the “broken” postcard that he sent Neal is the extent of their communication. Perhaps they’re at least Facebook friends?
6. How close will Cora get to killing our heroes? Cora (Barbara Hershey) tells Regina (Lana Parrilla) they can use Rumple’s dagger to get the Dark One to kill Emma, Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin), and Charming (Josh Dallas). But how worried should we really be? After all, we know Snow and Emma have been especially badass lately, and they’re not ones to go down without a fight. Maybe they can find the dagger before Cora does?
7. Will Hook actually go through with killing Gold? Seeing this week how much Rumple loved Milah makes it extra hard to know she left Rumple and their son for another man. (Damn you, Hook — you handsome bastard!) And even though we’re hoping Hook will have a change of heart about his revenge mission, it seems from the promos that he’ll indeed try to kill Gold. Gulp. Someone get Dr. Whale (David Anders) on the phone, stat.
8. Might Hook finally team up with the good guys? We were hoping that Cora tossing Hook aside this week would convince him to stop helping her and instead team up with Snow and Charming to get rid of Cora for good. However, this might have to be a long-term dream of ours, since Hook still seems fairly deadset on hurting Gold in the short-term. But good things come to those who wait, right?
9. What is Greg gonna do with his footage? Why does it seem like no one in Storybrooke can do anything without Regina knowing about it, and yet Greg (Ethan Embry) is somehow able to record her evil deeds in Belle’s (Emilie de Ravin) hospital room with his phone? Uh, okay. At any rate, we still can’t figure out what Greg is planning to do with his info about Storybrooke’s shenanigans.
10. Is a Rumbelle reunion seeming less and less likely? With Belle pretty much unconscious for most of the episode, and Gold back to plotting-to-kill-people ways, we wonder if Rumbelle shippers should give up hope for an eventual reconciliation between these two. Still, if Gold is injured by Hook next week, maybe he’ll end up in a hospital bed next to Belle and they can start to bond that way? C’mon — it could happen!
Catch the next episode of Once Upon a Time on Sunday, March 3, 2013 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.