American Idol 2013 Power Rankings: Season 12 Top 20 Girls! (UPDATE!)
TheAmerican Idol2013 Las Vegas rounds kick off tonight and 10 of the remaining 20 girls will be performing. This evening, the American Idol judges will watch the contestants sing one song for one chance to make it through to the overall Season 12 Top 20 guys and girls. After the performances, five girls will be sent through to the Top 20 and five will be cut and sent home.
Thanks to our American Idol spoilers, we already know who is going to be eliminated on Wednesday night, so those girls will not be included in our rankings
Based on the online buzz heating up, and what we’ve seen so far, we've come up with an initial power ranking for the Season 12 Top 20 ladies going into Las Vegas Round 1.
So, here goes...
10. Adriana Latonio - We haven't seen much of Adriana yet so far on American Idol 2013. However, we do know she's young, cute, plays the piano and has great pipes. Plus, according to our American Idol spoilers, she'll be tackling Aretha Franklin tonight -- and doesn't get sent home for it! That's saying a lot!
9. Jett Hermano -- This instrumentalist from Seattle has a hip-hop flair, which we think will go a long way for originality. Right now she has us very intrigued from what we've seen out there so far... and that is always a good thing!
8. Cristabel Clack -- This mom and worship leader wowed the judges with her performance of Alicia Key’s “If I Ain’t Got You” during auditions. In fact, Mariah Carey said, ““It’s obvious you’re a real singer,” going on to say, “I know you. I get you. I love you.” That’s high praise coming from the queen diva!
7. Kree Harrison -- She looks like a young Shania Twain (sorry, Shania), and she’s a country singer, which we’ve already predicted is going to go a long way on American Idol Season 12. She was featured on The Rosie O’Donnell Show when she was only eight years old, so that’s saying something.
6. Amber Holcomb - Amber is another contestant we haven't seen a lot of yet, but tonight she reportedly sings "My Funny Valentine" and does a fabulous job. Anyone who can impress the American Idol judges with a classic standard like this is one to watch.
5. Melinda Ademi -- Nicki Minaj showed she is vying for the title “toughest judge” on Idol during the boys performances of Hollywood Week, so the fact that she gave this girl a standing ovation says a lot.
4. Candice Glover -- We named Candice as the “best audition” from Charlotte, as her rendition of “Syrup and Honey” was super sweet. It nearly knocked the judges out of their chairs. She got a golden ticket in both seasons 9 and 11, so she brings experience to the AmericanIdol table.
3. Tenna Torres -- This attractive girl made Mariah cry with her initial audition. Need we say more?
2. Janelle Arthur - There is just something about this country girl that always makes us think she could be the next Carrie Underwood when she comes on screen. While there are a lot of country queens this season, this one just seems to us like the one to beat. We've even had serious thoughts of seeing her and our #1 Power Rankings pick this week going head to head in the finale.
1. Angela Miller -- According to Idol Pad spoilers, this cute singer gets a standing ovation from all four judges. Oh, and we don’t mean to brag, but we had already predicted she was going to win it all. Just call us Nostradamus. Of course, we can’t know for sure, but with an incredible backstory (she was born with hearing loss in both ears) and a killer voice, she’s got a great shot. There isn’t enough information for us to rate the other girls... yet. We'll know more after the Hollywood Week performances from the ladies this week.