1. What was the red clothing item in CeCe’s suitcase? It’s not like red is the most unusual color in the world, but it’s still curious that a red piece of clothing is visible in CeCe’s bag as Emily catches her packing. We’re wondering if this might mean that CeCe is “Red Coat” — and we’re also wondering where CeCe is headed. Come to think of it, we wouldn’t mind if she never comes back.
2. Where’s Waldo Wilden? As much as we’re hoping Wilden is out of the picture, we can’t imagine that Hanna’s mom really killed him when she ran him over. So did Wilden run off somewhere — or did the “A” team kidnap him, as they are known to do to people? By the way: Now that Ms. Marin ran over Wilden, she is officially our hero.
3. Does Melissa taking the Cape May pic suggest she killed Ali? We’ve already gotten clues that Melissa was involved in Ali’s murder, since Byron and Jason both saw her at different times that night. So Melissa snapping the pic of Ali and Wilden is one more clue she might have been involved in Ali’s murder. Plus, Melissa had a fling with Garrett, who might have also been working with Wilden. Read: Things aren’t looking good for Melissa.
4. What did Wilden discuss with CeCe in his car? It’s hard for us to trust CeCe, so even though she says she suspects Wilden of knocking Ali up and killing her, we’re skeptical. We wonder whether CeCe and Wilden are actually in cahoots, and whether they were hatching some plan when Hanna spotted them in his car. After all, we’re still unclear as to why CeCe lied to Aria about getting her car towed last week. So many lies!
5. Who locked Spencer in the steam room? There are many people who may have been responsible for helping Spencer get extra sweaty, starting with Toby, who’s been jealous of Wren. Another possibility is Melissa, since it’s odd that she didn’t hear Spencer scream. And let’s not overlook how convenient it is for Aria to have just happened to show up in time to save Spencer. We’re not trying to accuse Aria, but still...
6. Why does Melissa call Wren “bad company”? Is Melissa trying to tell Spencer that Wren is with the “A” team when she calls him “bad company”? Or maybe Wren knows something about Melissa possibly being involved in Ali’s murder? Then again, Melissa might just be jealous of Spencer for getting with her man. Big sis doesn’t always know best.
7. What was the deal with Spencer saying she buried something in the backyard? We loved Wrencer’s kiss, but the part of their date we’re most curious about is Spence’s story about stealing a crystal paperweight as a child — and then burying it in her backyard. Uh, why would she tell a story that reminds us of the fact that Ali was also buried in the backyard? Very strange. Side note: Perhaps Toby found the paperweight when he dug up that hockey stick?
8. Why does Mona want Spencer to avoid getting suspended? We find out this week that Mrs. Horowitz wanted Spencer to get suspended for her little outburst geared toward Mona, but Mona managed to talk the teacher out of it. So does Mona have an ulterior motive for wanting Spencer to stay at school for the time being? Let’s face it — Mona never does anything unless it benefits her in some way.
9. Why did Paige and Shana seem so sketchy? We want to believe Paige’s claim that the only reason for such a high level of awkwardness at the costume store was that she dated Shana last summer. But we’re suspicious that something else may have been going on between Paige and Shana. We’re just gonna put it out there: Could Paige be on the “A” team? Let’s just hope Caleb quickly figures out who bought that costume.
10. Is Maggie moving in with Ezra? Grammar school teachers might not be rolling in cash, but it’s strange to think that Maggie can’t afford an apartment and needs Ezra’s mom to pay for one. However, it does seem as though Maggie will end up crashing with Ezra for a bit, at least until she can get her own place. So will she and Ezra rekindle things? We don’t want to think about such depressing thoughts!
Catch the next episode of Pretty Little Liars on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC Family.