10 Things We Learned About Hayden Panettiere From Her IMDb Profile
Watching Hayden Panettiere (Juliette Barnes) on Nashville — and for years before that — has made us feel like we know her better than we know ourselves. But, on a random browsing of her IMDb profile trivia page, we found so much that we didn’t know. (Quick aside: all we knew before reading this was that she is our tiny little dolphin spirit animal.) Here’s some stuff we thought was interesting, and that you might as well.
1. Does she know that? Hayden’s nickname is “Mushroom.” Really rolls off the tongue.
2. Just one more reason Bella Swan is on our list. Hayden was originally cast to play Sarah Altman in Panic Room, but was later replaced by Kristen Stewart.
3. Juliette might not have one on her shelves, but Hayden has tasted its gold plating. Hayden was nominated for a Grammy in 1998 for Best Spoken Word Album for Children for A Bug's Life Read-Along.
4. Oh good, because we were afraid we had finally spelled/pronounced it right... Hayden’s last name is pronounced "Pan-Uh-Tee-Air-Ee," which means baker in Italian.
5. It’s not just Neutrogena, y’all. Hayden has appeared in over 50 commercials.
6. So much for being discovered at the Gymboree... Hayden (oops, sorry, Mushroom) began her acting career at 11 months old when she appeared in a commercial for Playskool.
7. Being the only one who has to wear pants is always so awkward... Although she co-starred in the 2005 movie Racing Stripes, with Whoopi Goldberg, Dustin Hoffman, Joshua Jackson, and Mandy Moore, she was the only one of them who had a human, in the flesh role -- the rest provided their voices to animated characters.
8. Think of it as dodging a bullet, Shroomie. Hayden was considered for the role of Ariel Moore in the 2011 remake of Footloose, but she lost out on the role to Dancing with the Stars pro Julianne Hough. Also in consideration for the part? Miley Cyrus and Amanda Bynes. (Yep, Amanda freakin’ Bynes!)
9. No wonder she isn’t fazed by dancing in 5” heels. As Lizzie Spaulding on soap opera The Guiding Light, Hayden had to deal with the following ridiculously traumatic storylines: she shot and killed her mother's abuser, was kidnapped, went through both of her parents remarrying, and battled leukemia. All in a mid-afternoon’s work...
10. Okay, now we’re jealous. Hayden has known one of our favorite young actresses, Little Miss Sunshine’s Abigail Breslin, since before Ab could talk.
Feel like you know Hayden better? Good, now back to playing with our plastic dolphin / Hayden action figures.