The Voice 2013: Blake Shelton Songs Season 4 Contestants Should Sing
It's Blake Shelton's world, and we're just living in it. And that world is chock full of spurs, shrink-to-fit Levis, enormous cowboy hats, and melodious country songs that inspire us to spontaneously shout YEEHAW at our iPods. The time has come for The Voice's 2013 contestants to saddle up and belt out a few of Blake's songs (since no one’s ever done it!), and we've rounded up our favorite hits for them to choose from!
1. "Old Red” This country music classic was re-imagined by Blake, and it's time for him to pass the torch to some random local yokel on The Voice. And bonus, this song is about an adorable puppy.
2. "Hillbilly Bone" This is a beautiful duet (which Blake originally sang with Trace Adkins), and would be perfect during a group performance on The Voice. Also, it's about hillbillies. How can you go wrong?
3. "Some Beach" This was Blake's third smash hit, so it seems appropriate for an up-and-comer on The Voice to take on. Plus, as far as we're concerned this song is about tanning, aka our favorite hobby.
4. "Honey Bee" This might be Blake's most successful single to date, and it's super catchy. So catchy that the entire audience would be yeehaw-ing in in pure joy if one of the contestants were to perform it.
5. "Austin" This lovely tune helped put Blake on the country music map, and hearing it on The Voice would definitely be a hat-tip to his career. And also Blake's mullet hair circa this song = miraculous.
Which Blake Shelton songs do you want to see performed on The Voice? Dish it in the comments!