The Voice's 2013 blind auditions are a terrifying place where wayward noobies will hop on stage and sing while a bunch of famous peeps decide if their performances are worth a button push. But if these hapless souls put on a good show they might just be lucky enough to get picked by a coach –– it all depends on how killer their song choice is!
Last season, The Voice's contestants sang a wide variety of blind audition songs, from “Toxic” by Britney Spears to “Torn” by Natalie Imbruglia, and we've rounded 5 hits that would make great audition songs when The Voice returns with Season 4!
1. "Brown Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison We challenge you to find someone who doesn't love this classic. In fact, we'd bet serious money that Shakira will get so inspired that she'll hop out of her chair and start shaking her hips.
2. "State of Grace" by Taylor Swift This song makes us cry every time we listen to it (100 times a day), and it'll definitely pluck at the coaches' heart strings.
3. "Blue Jeans" by Lana Del Rey This bluesy number (literally, get it?) would be great for someone with a deep, soulful voice. Although wearing mom jeans is a requirement.
4. "Wild Horses" by The Rolling Stones Instant classic! "Wild Horses" is gorgeous and offers a lot of room to play around with vocals. Plus, it’s about horses and feelings, best combo ever.
5. "Glad You Came" by The Wanted This smash hit would be a great option for a younger contestant looking to impress the coaches with upbeat vocals, and will definitely make Shak and her homies "glad they came" to the audition. Wordplay, guys.
What songs do you want to hear during The Voice's blind auditions? Sound off in the comments!