The Voice 2013: 5 Battle Round Songs Season 4 Contestants Should Perform
The Voice's 2013 battle rounds are terrifying place where two team members will hop into an arena and battle against each other while singing the same song. Only one of these tender souls gets advanced to the knockout rounds (unless the loser is stolen), so as you might expect the competition is fierce.
It's vital that contestants perform hits that will showcase their vocal range, and we've picked five powerful singles that would be perfect for the battle rounds! And yes, most of these are extremely ‘90s. The glory years, guys –– we just can't get enough.
1. "I Knew I Loved You" by Savage Garden This song is emotional, evocative, and has an amazing build up. And yes, you might end up falling in love with Adam Levine while singing along. We knew we loved you before we met you, Adam. Also, we've never met you.
2. "Holding Out For A Hero" by Bonnie Tyler We're already getting inspired by this hit, and it hasn't even been performed on The Voice yet. We've basically never been more excited about anything. Other than Christina Aguilera's weave.
3. "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Green Day Excuse us while we go sob at the prospect of two amazing Voice contestants singing this song at each other. The coaches will be so emotional, they won't even know who to vote off!
4. "Wonderwall" by Oasis This might just be the most romantic melody of our generation, and would be perfect for The Voice 2013's battle rounds. Unless the contestants break into ugly-crying while singing it.
5. "Don't Speak" by No Doubt As far as we're concerned, a battle round without No Doubt is like pizza without cheese. Completely tragic. This hit single is amazing, and will get the coaches totally pumped!
Which songs do you think should be performed in battle rounds? Hit the comments!