Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock: 5 Things You Need To Know
Sean Lowe's final lady has been chosen, and Desiree Hartsock did not make the cut — despite the fact that she has the best name ever. This brunette beauty captured Sean's heart, and we are thrilled ABC decided to make her the Bachelorette for Season 9, premiering May 20, 2013. In the meantime, check out 5 things to know about this gorgeous California girl:
1. Jesus Is Her Home Boy Desiree is a deeply religious and spiritual person, so we're sure she would've gotten along well with Sean's family. This gal devotes most of her blog to her relationship with The Man Upstairs, and you can often find her quoting scripture while musing about life. We can't wait to see her find a man with similar faith on The Bachelorette!
2. She's a Wonderful Friend Desiree lives away from most of her friends, but she's all about keeping in touch with her besties. "I have the roommate/ friend that is like the older sister I never had, the friend who lights up the room with her smile and is the voice of my thoughts, and quite a few other friends that are miles away but with just a phone call seems like time never passed," she writes in her blog. Awww, what a great gal!
3. She's From California Desiree moved to California from Colorado in order to follow her dreams. She barely knew anyone when she first hit up the beaches, but now she's the life of the party! Girlfriend loves "Sunday Fundays, Taco Tuesdays, and Thirsty Thursdays" — in other words, she's our new best friend.
4. She's a Fashion Designer Once Desiree moved to California, she got a job as a production assistant at a woman’s clothing company called Serenity Bridal, and eventually became their only designer. Talk about following The American Dream! The best part? Now that Des is the next Bachelorette, we're excited to see if she makes any of her own rose ceremony dresses!
5. She's a Poet Desiree loves writing poetry, and her lyrical musings are truly unique! She even wrote Sean a poem during Hometown Dates! Shakespeare has nothing on this girl.