1. Who is Red Coat? ...But really We know we are going to learn the identity of the person in the red coat in the season finale, but we are worried that we will still be left confused going into the show’s hiatus. If Red Coat is a Dilaurentis twin, for example, we want to know if it is Ali or Courtney. We don’t want a half-answer on this one. Hopefully, the show delivers.
2. Is Toby Really Dead? Is Jason? Fine, so that’s technically two questions, but they are very related. If Toby is not dead (as we suspect), then that body (described to Emily as a young male in his late teens or early twenties) needs to belong to someone, and there are only a few characters we can think of who fit the bill. Of them, Jason seems the most likely victim. We never thought we’d hear ourselves say this: but we just want to know who it is, even if we don’t like the answer.
3. Why did Toby join the “A” Team? It’s not that we won’t be overjoyed to learn that Toby is alive, but we want some answers if he is. He doesn’t need to give an elaborate explanation, but a simple “I did it to keep you safe, Spencer” or an “‘A’ is blackmailing me” will suffice. We’d be less enthusiastic with a “Because I hate your guts.”
4. Why did Spencer join the “A” team? Well we’re on the subject, we also want to know Spencer’s motives for joining the “A” team. Is Spencer truly so broken that she genuinely wants in on the “A” team’s mission for vengeance? Or is she taking part in a long con - trying to garner as much inside information on Team “A” as she can? If anyone could pull off double agent trickery, it would be brilliant Spence.
5. Does Ali have a twin? In the PLL book series, Alison has a twin named Courtney. Their relationship is a key part of the mystery. This season, we have had a number of clues that Ali was not the only Dilaurentis daughter. Amongst them: pictures on the Dilaurentis’ home’s wall, a scary twin ghost story told in a flashback by Ali, and most recently “hallucination” Ali’s insistence to Spencer that “You didn’t even know me when you knew me.” Is Courtney a part of the PLL show’s mythology? We need to know!
6. Did Ali fake her own death? We are similarly intrigued by the prospect that Ali faked her own death. If Ali doesn’t have a twin (or even if she does), this is a definite explanation for the hallucinations the Liars have all seen of Ali. In a recent flashback, Ali tells Spencer that she is keeping journals so that Spencer can have them after she has died. Did Ali fake her own death or did she just know that she was about to meet an untimely end? If the latter is true, it seems unlikely Ali would have been so calm about it.
7. Is Ezria over? This has been the season of Ezra family drama. Aria has had a difficult time coming to grips with her role in Ezra’s life now that his son and his son’s mother are a part of his life. She has become a quasi-parental figure to Malcolm, and it is overwhelming her. With the recent kidnapping of Malcolm by the “A” team on her watch, she seems to have had enough. At the end of the episode, she told Ezra that she couldn’t do it anymore. We’re not sure how we would feel about an Ezria break-up, but we do want to know either way: are they in or are they out?
8. What is in Wilden’s car? We were just as surprised as Hanna when Wilden popped back up after Ashley Marin’s seemingly fatal hit-and-run. Unfortunately for Hanna, all Wilden wants from her is the location of his police cruiser - which she and Aria happened to push into a lake. What is it that Wilden is so desperate to retrieved from his car? A body? Incriminating evidence involving Ali’s death? We want to know!
9. What is up with Paige and Shana? We haven’t seen much of Paige this season, but she is supposedly off trying to take down “A” from a less obvious position. We have seen quite a bit of Shana, who seems to be extremely well-connected for someone who just moved to town. How well do Paige and Shana know each other? And whose side is Shana on? 10. Is Wren on the “A” team? For someone who has been on the show since the pilot episode, we still don’t know very much about Wren. We do know, however, that he was engaged to Melissa (who seems connected to Ali’s death in some way), works at Radley (“A” team central), and has been trying to get close to Spencer since the beginning. We want to know once and for all where his loyalty lies. Is he really trying to help Spencer and the other Liars, or is he just trying to gather information for the “A” team?
Well, there you have it. Our top 10 questions. Are there any other question you want answered in the Season 3 finale? Alternatively, are there questions you don’t want answered? Let us know in the comments below!
Catch the next episode of Pretty Little Liars on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC Family.