Grey’s Anatomy Spoilers: 6 Hints About Season 9, Episode 18 From the Sneak Peeks (VIDEO)
On Grey’s AnatomySeason 9, Episode 18: “Idle Hands” (airing tonight, March 21), drama is abound as Meredith and Derek tackle baby problems and the rest of the doctors adjust to the new name and leadership of the hospital. As we impatiently wait for the episode to air, we’ve filled our time by constantly replaying the sneak peeks. Here’s all the intel we’ve gathered from them.
1. Meredith and Derek name their baby! While it isn’t the most conventional naming process, in the sneak peek below, we see MerDer deciding what they should call their baby until “he, she, or it” is born.” And based on the end of the clip, they’re finding out the sex of their baby before the episode comes to a close, too!
2. Bailey’s the (wo)man with the plan. Per usual, Bailey can’t stop, won’t stop with big, bold ideas. We saw Jackson dismiss her in last week’s episode, but this time, she won’t let anyone off that easier. In the video below, she tries to pitch her new project to board members Callie and Arizona, but they aren’t having it — they’re otherwise occupied with “sexy time” talk. Yep, you read that right. Turns out that...
3. Callie and Arizona are bringing sexy back. It’s been a long time since Calzona got intimate, but the time has finally come for the happy couple. However, as seen in the video above, there’s future sex for them, but their love sounds are interrupted when Bailey storms in to ask about her new project. We doubt that will stop them when they get home from work, though!
4. Meredith is particularly dark and twisty about her baby. We know that Meredith has been through a lot, but she takes it to a whole new dark-and-twisty level when she starts spewing off all of the debilitating, life-threatening conditions that her baby could be born with! Both Cristina and Alex shoot down her outrageous claims — and Cristina even tells her she’ll “fix” Meredith’s baby if anything happens — but Mere won’t let up. As seen in the first sneak peek, she imagines her baby being born with “two heads, four arms, and eleven toes.” Oy.
5. April and Owen are back in the ER — with some big changes. Now that Seattle Grace-Mercy West is officially Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital, that means the new name is everywhere, there are cutting-edge machines all over the place, and most importantly, the ER has reopened! April, Owen, and the interns are beside themselves as new machinery is unveiled in the sneak peek below, and it sounds like their first big trauma is an ATV accident. But that isn’t all good news...