Did Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev break up? Say it ain’t so!
The rumor mill has been churning away with news that The Vampire Diaries co-stars have called it quits after a year and a half of dating. The evidence? A little time apart and a break in their regular adorable tweeting.
It’s true, the two haven’t really been spotted together since their Oscar weekend cuteness, but we still think these stories are totally bogus about one of our fave celeb couples! Here are five reasons why we’re not worried about trouble in paradise leading to an Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev split.
1. Ian confirms: he ain’t single! Andy Cohen asked him the question directly on Watch What Happens Live. “I would not say that,” Ian answered. “That is not the case.” Sure, that sounds a little cagey, but remember, it took Ian and Nina an entire year to admit they were dating. They’re no strangers to playing coy.
2. Nina’s first tweet back, after a mini-social media hiatus during her break from filming, was a throwback to that Oscar weekend full of adorbs Ian and Nina moments. If you want to distract from your split with your bf, that ain’t the way!
3. They’re both really busy! It’s not like Ian and Nina have both been sitting around, tweeting emo lyrics and avoiding one another. Ian was at SXSW and has been hard at work making plans for his charitable foundation. Nina has been visiting family, doing her own charity work, hitting up the talk show circuit, and catching up with friends. They can exist without one another. Relax!
4. In a chat on Huffington Post Live, Ian was asked how his real-life relationship with Nina affects his onscreen with her. Ian, coy as ever, skirted the question a little, but said things like, “You spend that much time with someone and you don’t even have to talk, they finish your sentences, they just look at you and know what you’re thinking.
5. “If someone’s gonna kick your ass, it might as well be Nina Dobrev.” — Ian. And that’s all we’ll say about that.
Add to all that the fact that a source close to Nina tells Gossip Cop there’s no truth to the rumors, and it sounds like all the hysteria is for naught.
Let’s be real, one of the best thing about Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev’s relationship has been their independence. It’s nice to see a celeb couple that isn’t joined at the hip, and pursues their own projects and passions. So we’re going to keep our noses out of this crazy gossip! As the song goes, Ian and Nina, “Until I hear it from you...”
Sources: Huffington Post Live, Gossip Cop