Buckwild’s Shain Gandee Dead: Cause of Death Carbon Monoxide Poisoning — Report
When news broke this morning that 21-year-old Buckwild star Shain Gandee was found dead, everyone was shocked. As more details trickled in — including the identities of the two other bodies: his uncle David Gandee, 48, and family friend Robert Myers, 27 — the situation became even more mysterious.
Sadly, the situation is more tragic than we could have imagined now that his reported cause of death has surfaced.
According to TMZ, there is evidence that Shain died from carbon monoxide poisoning. A rep for the Kanawha County Sheriff’s Office in West Virginia says authorities cannot remove the bodies from the scene because of the vehicle’s location — it’s stuck knee-deep in mud in the middle of nowhere.
Shain’s 1984 Bronco can only be reached with an all-terrain vehicle and there is no cell reception in the area, which is why they were reported missing yesterday and were not found until this morning.
Though police won’t confirm or deny whether carbon monoxide poisoning was the cause of death for the trio, TMZ’s sources close to the investigation say it’s “the likely scenario, especially if the exhaust pipe was submerged in mud.”
We will continue to update the original post and this report as more details trickle in, and feel free to leave your condolences below for Shain, David, and Robert’s family and friends.