Glee’s “Shooting Star” — 5 Observations of Thursday’s Shocking Episode
For weeks, we've known that this Thursday’s Glee Season 4, Episode 18: "Shooting Star" will be extremely emotional. FOX’s official description says that “an unthinkable event occurs at McKinley High,” causing everyone to put their perspectives in order. Sounds ominous, no?
Wetpaint Entertainment had the chance to view the episode early, and while we won't give away anything big, we have compiled a list of tiny teasers to hint at what you can expect.
1. Get a box of tissues ready. From heartfelt and tear-inducing songs to very unexpected storylines — and not just one, either — this episode will take you on a roller coaster of feelings. So many feelings.
2. A tiny little ladybug causes a whole lot of trouble for one of our favorite characters. Not to worry, though. This particular set of unfortunate circumstance actually end up with a positive outcome.
3. Be prepared for lots of new developments in the Ryder (Blake Jenner)/Katie storyline. Is McKinley’s studliest new football player being Catfished? We'll tell you this for sure: at the beginning of the episode, Ryder is falling hard and fast for his online love. Then... a lot of things happen.
4. Been missing Becky (Lauren Potter)? The sassy Cheerio gets a storyline of her own this week. Graduation is looming, and the prospect of moving on from McKinley — and living in a world that might not understand or accept her Down Syndrome — is weighing on Becky very heavily. Sue and Brittany both step up to support her, but with two very different outcomes.
5. Expect both a shocking twist and a cliffhanger before the night is up. One of them will have ramifications that could very easily have a significant impact on Season 5... though it’s not entirely clear if things will stay as they seem.
Glee’s “Shooting Star” episode airs on Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 9pm on FOX. Grab a box of Kleenex, hold tight to your boyfriend pillow, and prepare for an emotional ride.