Jenelle Evans: alfredo lover, Ugg wearer, and now professional life saver. The Teen Mom 2 star recently had one of the most terrifying moments a parent can experience when her son, Jace Evans, choked on a peppermint candy and almost died.
"I saved my sons life today," Jenelle tweeted on April 11. "Scariest incident in my life. #MotherInstincts."
Apparently, Jace and Jenelle were enjoying some quality mother-son time when he unexpectedly choked on his candy and turned blue.
"He turned blue," Jenelle explained. "I started crying immediately afterwards and hugged him close." Wow, we can't imagine what Jenelle must have gone through, but luckily she acted fast and knew just what to do.
"I patted his back like three times and he didn't cough it up so I stood behind him and did the Heimlich maneuver," Jenelle tweeted to curious fans, adding "I was in a panic."
We're so relieved that Jace is A-OK, and equally relieved that Jenelle kept her wits about her and instinctually knew how to save her son's life. Hopefully, people will think twice before accusing the feisty gal of being a bad mom — she just earned herself serious pro-points!
Are you just as proud as we are of Jenelle’s heroic actions? Tell us in the comments below!