Nashville Music: 5 Songs Lennon and Maisy Stella Should Cover Next
We can't get enough of real life sister-sister duo, Lennon and Maisy Stella, who play Rayna Jaymes' (Connie Britton) adorable daughters, Maddie and Daphne, on Nashville. These gals became international sensations thanks to their YouTube videos, and their darling performance of The Lumineers' "Ho Hey" during Nashville Season 1, Episode 16 had fans awww-ing at the television.
Considering that Nashville's Maddie and Daphne are eager to follow in Mama Rayna’s famous footsteps, we have a feeling more covers are in the Stella sisters' future, so naturally we've made a wish-list of our favorites!
1. "State of Grace" by Taylor Swift It's no secret that Maddie and Daphne love themselves teeny bopper tunes (they pretty much stan for Juliette Barnes), so one can only assume they listen to Taylor Swift when they aren't busy reading Harry Potter and exploring the wonderful world of beanies. We love Taylor's recent single "State of Grace" — and how cute would it be if Mads and Daphne dedicated the cover to Grandpa Lamar (Powers Boothe)?
2. "Someday You'll Call My Name" by Hank Williams Nashville's episode titles are named after Hank Williams songs, so it's only right that Lennon and Maisy belt out a tune by this country legend. "Someday You'll Call My Name" lends itself perfectly to this dynamic duo's signature harmonies — they'd rock Hank's socks off! And by socks, we mean cowboy hat.
3. "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash The Stella Sisters performed Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire" at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium to honor his birthday, and it was completely amazing. We'd love for these two to recreate their performance on Nashville — especially if Scarlett O’Connor [Clare Bowen] (who's already performed the song) takes the stage with them!
4. "Skyscraper" by Demi Lovato Lennon and Maisy specialize in country music, but we'd love to see them tackle a pop song like Demi Lovato's "Skyscraper" (aka our favorite song ever). Then again, the townies of Nashville might bust out their pitchforks if Demi's hits get played in Music City. Last time we checked, this gal didn't own cowboy boots....
5. "Stubborn Love" by The Lumineers Lennon and Maisy did such a stellar job with The Lumineers' "Ho Hey," we're thinking they should go ahead and perform the band's powerful second single, "Stubborn Love." Although we can't promise not to start weeping copiously. It's an emotional number, y'all.
What's on your Stella Sisters wish list? Vote in the poll and then hit the comments and share a few songs you'd love these ladies to cover!