1. His mother is Swedish, and his father is African-American. He was born on August 5, 1981 in Chicago.
2. He appeared on two episodes of ABC Family's college dramedy Greek as a character dubbed "The Hotness Monster."
3. His wife Arin was the one who introduced him to Grey's Anatomy.
4. In 2008, he appeared in two one-act off-Broadway plays written and directed by famed playwright Edward Albee, The American Dream and The Sandbox.
5. He attended Temple University and earned degrees in African-American Studies and Film & Media Arts.
6. For a time, he was a public high school teacher in Philadelphia.
7. He appeared in eight episodes of The N's surfing-themed drama, Beyond the Break.
8. Before becoming an actor, Jesse held down a career as — surprise, surprise — a model for companies like Kenneth Cole.
9. His mug can be seen in the coffee-table book of photography by John Russo entitled About Face.
10. He fancies himself as a pretty good short-order cook for breakfast foods. And he loves anything with bacon.
11. He starred in an HBO comedy pilot called Washingtonienne — produced by Sarah Jessica Parker — about the skanky side of senatorial staffing. A costar of his was Kate Burton, whom we know as Ellis Grey.
12. Another pre-thespian job of Jesse's was at a law firm.
13. He also was a bartender at the Soho Grand Hotel in New York.
14. You're able to see his visage in 3D in the 2011 horror movie The Cabin in the Woods, produced and co-written by beloved TV auteur Joss Whedon. And get this: he plays a nerd.
15. He says that all he needs to relax is plenty of sun and peace and quiet.
16. He has been the love interest in two music videos: Estelle's "Fall in Love" and Rihanna's "Russian Roulette."
17. He keeps active by running and playing basketball, soccer, and football.
18. He describes himself as "driven, funny, happy and appreciative."
19. He's a big devotee of Ricky Gervais, the creator and star of the British version of The Office and the comedy Extras.
20. He is apparently not a big devotee of Megan Fox.
21. He was a front-runner for the role of Meadow's boyfriend on The Sopranos.
22. He was in the buff in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, but the film was rated PG-13, so you peepers out there won't see much! Still, one might say his pants traveled to his ankles?
23. He says, "Auditioning is like going on five blind dates a week and getting dumped every time. It’s nice to be told yes."