Who should win American Idol 2013? After wading through hundreds of thousands of singers from the initial auditions, the American Idol 2013 judges and the viewers have narrowed it down to just three elite singers, each of whom have a very legitimate shot at being the next American Idol winner. Here are our 5 reasons Candice Glover will win American Idol 12...
1. The girl is beyond talented. We were already blown away by her initial audition of “Syrup and Honey” and then her amazing rendition of “Girl On Fire” during Hollywood Week, but it was her victory performance after the Top 10 results that first really confirmed she’s top notch. She sang Mary J. Blige's “I'm Going Down,” and what she did with her voice during that performance was straight-up incredible.
2. She's not your typical soulful gospel singer girl. Candice can bring her fans to church with her amazing vocals, but she can also send them to their feet with a banging rock song, or move them to tears with a pop diva ballad.
3. The American Idol judges love her and, although the viewers are ultimately responsible for choosing the winner by voting, the American Idol judges have just the right amount of respect for Candice. They think she is awesome, but they aren't shoving her down America's throats (like they did with Amber Holcomb). Randy Jackson said he thinks she has the best voice in the competition after she sang “I'm Going Down,” and we tend to agree. He followed that up by saying her performance of "Lovesong" by The Cure in the Top 6 was one of the best songs ever in the history of the show. We agree with that as well.
4. Candice is unflappable. Sadly, some of these AmericanIdol hopefuls tend to crumble once it gets this far in the competition, as the pressure and the schedule they keep are both very intense. But this girl always seems calm, cool, and collected. Or at least she’s good at faking it!
5. She’s a crafty American Idol veteran. Okay, okay, we know that many of these folks have been down the Idol road before, but Candice has made it both the Hollywood round and the Las Vegas round in seasons prior, so she knows what she’s up against. She initially considered not auditioning, as she was so crushed after being cut last year. But after the judges gave her such incredible feedback at her initial season 12 audition, she knew she’d made the right decision. “It was redemption,” Candice told her local paper, The Island Packet. “It was confirmation that this is actually where I’m supposed to be.”