Pretty Little Liars star Shay Mitchell is a pro at keeping her love life under wraps, but we here at Wetpaint Entertainment have pieced together the clues — aka the many Instagram pics — of her relationship with boyfriend Ryan Silverstein.
Shay and Ryan seem like the perfect couple, from their romantic candle-lit dinners on the beach to their fun and flirty paddle boarding adventures. But who is Ryan Silverstein? We’re shedding some light on the man who has swept our Little Liar right off her feet. Here are five things to know about Shay’s hunky beau.
1. He’s BFFs with Drake! Ryan grew up with Drake in Toronto, and he now spend his days flying around the world with Drizzy and the rest of the OVO crew. The two even celebrated Rosh Hashanah dinner together last year!
2. He starred in Drake’s “Started From the Bottom” video. Remember that scene in the drug store? Yep. That was Ryan and Drake’s other close friend, OB O’Brien, acting silly in the store aisles. According to Director X, the three friends came up with the idea for the skit and ran with it! However, Ryan needed a little help getting loose in front of the camera. “Ryan is fun, but he’s not an actor or jokester like that in front of the camera, so he needed a little more finessing, just to get him comfortable,” he told Complex.
3. He loves Beyonce. We know Shay is obsessed with Beyonce, and it turns out her boy Ryan is a fan of Queen Bey too! “Guys can love Beyonce too!,” he tweeted, Instagramming a photo of himself with Shay before heading to Beyonce’s show in LA. Did we mention they were wearing matching Beyonce shirts?
4. He’s close with his dad, Hal Silverstein. Ryan calls his dad his best friend, so it’s pretty clear that these two are close. Hal even calls Ryan his protegee (it’s easy to see where Ryan got his good looks from). Check out Hal’s Instagram for photos of Ryan and the OVO team — yes, even Drake!
5. He’s a PLL fan, too! As if Ryan wasn’t the most perfect guy on the planet, he’s a Pretty Little Liars fans too? He is perfect. Not only does he call Shay a Pretty Little Flyer, but he also gets involved in the fun too. Back in June he tweeted Shay: “if you had to invite only one other pll to a sleepover dance party, who would you choose and why?” You’re one lucky lady, Shay! Swoon.
What do you think of Ryan, PLL fans? Sound off in the comments!
Catch the Pretty Little Liars Season 4 Halloween special on Tuesday, October 22, 2013 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC Family.
Crystal Bell is an editor at Wetpaint Entertainment and our resident fan-girl for all things Pretty Little Liars, The Vampire Diaries, Game of Thrones and Once Upon a Time. She speaks fluent geek. Follow her on Twitter and Google+!