While things may have started slow for The Originals when it premiered on October 3 after The Vampire Diaries, things are really starting to heat up down in the Big Easy — and we’re not talking about vampire and witch relations.
Last night’s episode, “Tangled Up in Blue,” delivered an impressive array of one-liners, music, and drama, putting the spin-off in a good place with the ratings — which, combined with fan support, can lead to a show getting picked up for another season instead of being placed on the chopping block.
The show hit a series high in the coveted 18-49 demo, delivering a 1.1 rating and bringing in 2.2 million viewers total. For women 18-34, The Originals earned a 1.5 share, women 18-49 brought in a 1.4 share, and adults 18-34 delivered a 1.1 share.
Versus last week’s ratings, The Originals was up 14 percent in total viewers, up 22 percent in adults 18-34, up 36 percent in women 18-34, up 22 percent in adults 18-49, and up 17 percent in women 18-49.
In fact, this was The CW’s most-watched Tuesday night in four years, thanks to the pairing with fan-favorite Supernatural.
And the stars of The Originals weren’t going to let this amazing news go down without thanking their fans. Joseph Morgan (Klaus) tweeted, “Thank you to all who watched #TheOriginals last night and brought our ratings up. It's very important to me that you enjoy the show ;).” Not to be outdone, co-star Charles Michael Davis (Marcel) tweeted, “Thank you to everyone who supports #TheOriginals. Y'all got us fired up to make it even better. Much appreciated.”
It looks like The Originals can’t stop and won’t be stopping anytime soon. When will we hear about a Season 2? With numbers like these, it’s only a matter of time!
What do you think about the ratings for The Originals? Were you watching? Hit the comments and let us know!