In case you missed the news former Real Housewives of New Jersey kid Lauren Manzo — Caroline Manzo's daughter — just got engaged to long time boyfriend Vito Scalia.
So, who is the lucky man who won Lauren's heart and has been welcomed into the Manzo family with open arms? We've got the rundown on Vito here.
1. They've been dating for about four years. This is no rushed reality marriage. Vito and Lauren have been dating for four years, according to Caroline. No wonder everyone has been waiting for this engagement news!
2. He works at his family's deli. And what does Vito do for a living? His Twitter profile says, "Deli clerk, sausage maker and mozzerella man," and links to Best of Little Italy, the website for a family owned Italian deli in Orange County, New York. According to the website, "Vito and Peter Scalia are second generation caterers and purveyors of delicious Italian specialties. Their sons Peter and Vito have now joined the business to continue this heritage of delicious food." Sounds like Vito the younger understands the importance of both family and food — a must for the Manzo clan!
3. The Manzo family loves him. The Manzo family has made it very clear that they approve of this match. On top of their enthusiastic tweets about the engagement, Caroline has gushed about Vito in her Real Housewives blog, calling him "a wonderful guy" that she and Al "are very happy" to have as part of the family. As she explained, "As a parent you wish for your children to find someone that loves them completely and unconditionally, and I think Lauren has found that with Vito."
4. He was the Manzo boys' friend first. It's no wonder the family is so fond of Vito — according to Lauren, he's been in the family's circle for a while. As she explained, while he's her best friend now, "he was my brothers' best friend first, but I stole him!" Adorable!
5. He's going to be on Manzo'd With Children. We've seen Vito on Real Housewives of New Jersey, and hopefully we'll learn even more about him on the upcoming Manzo family spin-off. He's signed onto the show so, assuming it gets picked up, we expect to see plenty of him soon. That said, it sounds like the proposal itself was not caught on camera, so we'll have to make do with Twitter pics and our imagination.
Sources: Best of Little Italy, Caroline's Bravo blog, Us Weekly