Nashville Season 2 Episode 8 Promo: 7 Things We Learn About “Hanky Panky Woman”
Just when we thought Nashvillecouldn't get any crazier, Olivia Wentworth went and planted her lips on Juliette's at the end of Season 2, Episode 7: "She's Got You." We must admit, we did not see that one coming. So, what happens now? The promo for Season 2, Episode 8: "Hanky Panky Woman" gives us some clues.
We've taken a close look at the promo to see what it reveals.
1. Scarlett is nervous. The promo opens with Scarlette looking out at a stadium of screaming fans. "This is the biggest crowd I've ever played for," she nervously admits to Jeff Fordham, who helpfully tells her that she only has one chance to make a good first impression. No pressure, or anything. Poor Scarlett is, in Rayna's words, "shaking like a leaf" before she even hits the stage.
2. Things get worse from there. At :07 we see Scarlett on stage, looking upset. Her hand is to her ear, which makes us suspect that there's something wrong with her earpiece. Then the crowd boos her. "Get off the stage," someone shouts as she's pelted with trash. Yes, actual trash. Looks like a nightmare scenario come true.
3. Scarlett in tears. At :10 we see Scarlett backstage again, yelling at someone (Gunner? Jeff? It definitely sounds like a guy) to leave her alone, followed by a shot of Rayna pulling her mentee in for a hug. "In Nashville, one moment is all it takes to shatter a lifetime of dreams" the voice over warns.
4. Juliette shuts the door. At :12 there's a shot of Juliette shutting her hotel door. It looks like she's wearing the same makeup she was wearing at the end of this week's episode, so we're guessing this is the conclusion to her run-in with Olivia. Juliette looks angry and appears to be dressed. Does she turn Olivia down? And if so, what will the consequences be?
5. Jeff sabotaged Scarlette? More fuel for the theory that something other than nerves did Scarlette in: At :15 Rayna confronts Jeff, accusing him of poaching one of her artists (that's Will, obviously), and sabotaging the other (Scarlett).
6. Jeff still wants Rayna's record. Rayna wants to know what Jeff's end goal is. Based on a cop handing Rayna papers and telling her that she needs to surrender the masters of her album later in the promo, it looks like he's still after her music. The official synopsis of the episode confirms this suspicion, explaining, "Jeff goes to war against Rayna on control of the album she produced with Liam."
7. What happens if Rayna says no? According to Rayna's sister, she could be arrested on the spot if she refuses to comply and hand over her album. Damn.
Check it out for yourself below:
Are you looking forward to this episode? Sound off in the comments below.
Catch the next episode of Nashville on Wednesday, November 20, 2013, at 10 p.m. ET onABC.
Rebecca Martin is an Associate Editor at Wetpaint Entertainment and our resident Game of Thrones, Pretty Little Liars, and genre TV expert. Follow her on Twitter and Google+!