Glee’s 4th Christmas Album: Listen to All the Music — Even “The Chipmunk Song”!
Less than a month ago, Columbia Records chairman and CEO Rob Stringer told Billboard that 2013 “is the first time in three years we don’t have a Glee Christmas album.” Well, apparently somebody forgot to tell that to Glee. Because Glee: The Music, The Christmas Album, Vol. 4 is now available for pre-order on iTunes.
To be fair, though, this album is a bit different from the previous three installments. While the other three Christmas CDs were full studio albums, this one is only an EP. It contains six songs instead of the usual 12 to 13.
Each of the six songs will appear in December 5’s GleeSeason 5, Episode 8: "Previously Unaired Christmas." Previous years’s soundtracks had featured additional music not included as part of the episode.
Now, the show has released the audio for all of the songs. Take a listen, then head below and let us know which ones are your favorite.
- “Here Comes Santa Claus,” performed by Kurt, Rachel, and Santana
- “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree,” performed by the New Directions
- “Mary’s Little Boy Child,” performed by Marley, Tina, and Unique
- “The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don’t Be Late),” performed by Kurt, Rachel, and Santana
- “Love Child,” performed by Marly, Tina, and Unique
- “Away in a Manger,” performed by Kurt, Rachel, Santana, and the New Directions
Are you sad to see a smaller Glee Christmas album this year? Or just happy and relieved that we’re getting one at all? And how do you feel about the lack of Glee’s annual Klaine duet? Yeah, that one’s going to be a bit hard to do without.