Pretty Little Liars Burning Question: Could Aria Be on The “A” Team?
We always thought Aria’s best-kept dark secret is her apparent love for fishnet knee-highs. But lately, we've begun to wonder if Aria could in fact be — gasp! — working with Ezra(Ian Harding), aka "A"! We would hate for this to be true, but there is some significant evidence stacked up against our little Liar. (We’ll never think of frozen yogurt the same way again!)
1. Ali has yet be hurt or get harsh treatment from “A” Sure, “A” has messed with Aria — for example, telling Ella that Aria knew about Byron’s affair — but Aria hasn’t had it nearly as bad as the others. She hasn’t had a near-death experience like Spencer (except for the incident on the Halloween train, which may not have been "A's" doing, after all), or ended up in a hospital bed like Hanna and Emily. Plus, the worst thing that's happened to Aria's parents is that Ella was trapped in her car with a swarm of bees. Sure, that sounds awful, but when you look at what "A" has done to Mrs. Marin and Mrs. Fields, it seems kinda weak. Awfully convenient, dontcha think?
2. “Toffee” is the flavor of Aria’s yogurt — and the color of Mona’s lipstick In the Season 2 finale (Season 2, Episode 25: “UnmAsked”), we see Melissa taste some of Aria’s toffee frozen yogurt, and then at the end of the episode, Mona mentions her toffee tango lipstick. This is clearly some type of a clue — which we initially thought might be linking Melissa to the “A” team — but now we wonder if it means that Aria and Mona are connected. Apparently, toffee is both delicious and incriminating.
3. Aria was the one who told Hanna’s mom that she’s “A” Is it just a mere coincidence that Aria is the one who “confesses” to Ms. Marin that she’s “A” in Season 2, Episode 22: “Father Knows Best”? We’re just sayin’ that Aria was rather convincing in her talk with Hanna’s mom. Plus, this is the same episode where Mona asks the Liars to decide who is the best at lying, and everyone chooses Aria. Maybe the other girls should trust their intuitions.
4. Aria looks good in red coats In “Father Knows Best,” Aria puts on Vivian Darkbloom’s red coat when she gets cold, leading her to be recognized by Duncan as Vivian. Why on earth would Aria put on this creepy red coat? Maybe it’s because she’s gotten used to dressing up in red when she visits Mona at Radley. And in case you’re wondering, creepy red coats are so not in this season.
5. Her boyfriend is "A" When Ezra Fitz was revealed as "A" during the Pretty Little LiarsSeason 4 summer finale (Season 4, Episode 12: “Now You See Me, Now You Don’t”), we had one question on our minds: Does Aria know? It would be quite an epic twist if Ezra and Aria were in it together, and seeing how Ms. Grunwald suggested Ali was afraid to come to the Liars because someone "had been touched by the one Ali fears most," it seems likely that this is Ezra. Did Ezra convince her to join the dark side?
Do you think Aria knows Ezra is "A"? Is she on the "A" team? Sound off in the comments below!
Catch the Pretty Little Liars Season 4 winter premiere on Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC Family.