Guillermo Diaz plays one of Scandal's most intriguing characters, but in real life, he doesn't seem to have a lot in common with his mentally traumatized, torture-loving on-screen counterpart (which is probably a good thing).
So, what is the actor really like in the real world? We've gathered five fun facts about Guillermo to help you get to know the man behind the character better.
1. He was in stoner classic Half Baked. Long before his Scandal days, Guillermo had a big role as Scarface in 1998 stoner comedy Half Baked, which also stars Dave Chappelle and Snoop Dogg. Unsurprisingly, he also appeared on Chappelle's Show several times, and even reprised the Scarface role for the sketch comedy show.
2. He was in a Britney Spears video. Speaking of reprising the Scarface role, Guillermo also appears in the video for Britney Spears' "I Wanna Go," once again riffing off his Half Baked character.
3. He's openly gay. Guillermo has been out for his entire acting career, and has a great attitude about any resistance he might encounter: "I don’t stress about it. If somebody doesn’t want to work with me because I’m gay, I don’t want to work with them either."
4. He used to work at a photo stock agency. Before he started landing enough roles to support himself on acting alone, Guillermo worked at a photo stock agency filing pictures of celebrities. Now he is one of those celebrities everyone is always snapping pics of!
5. He's a big Madonna fan. The man has good taste!
Sources: IMDB, Conan